false positive

you were late. there was no doubt about it. before going home you went to the store to pick up a pregnancy test. unlocking the keys to the house you were shocked to see santana was there. of course your best friend had a key and she would come over when she pleased so you didn't mind. "hey san" placing the grocery bags on the counter you made sure to grab the test so she wouldn't see.

"what's up y/l/n"

without even knowing she cheered you up more than anyone ever could. "nothing much. want some pasta?" with a smile on both of your faces she nodded.

after you ate you decided to go take the test. waiting for the lines to show you heard santanas small snores from the couch. one line showed and you let out a sigh of relief until another one appeared. disposing of the positive test you came out of the restroom wiping the tears that managed to stream down your face.

"gosh y/n i've been waiting for hours" entering after you she closed the door. sitting on the couch your hands began to shake. there was no way you'd be able to raise a baby yeah you're financially stable but only to provide for yourself.

"what the hell is this?" your head shot to the restroom door to see santana holding the box the test came in.

"you went through the trash bin?"

"you're not answering my question"

"you had no right to" by then she was on the couch seeing you slowly fall apart.

"y/n.... you can tell me anything"

your hands quickly cupped your face when she told you that. she pulled you into her arms as she told you everything would be okay. there was no way you could explain to her what was going on because you were too stunned yourself.

The next day.

"it was a false positive." the older nurse told you as she turned in her chair. "it's very rare we have those but there's no baby." she handed you papers that showed the results and told you it was okay to go.

santana waited in the waiting room and dropped everything she was doing when she saw you come out. "so what'd they say?" she asked.

"i-it was a false positive"

"come here"

she quickly grabbed you and held you so close to her heart. there was no explaining the comfort that she brought you that day.

A/N: i'm so super sorry for the delay in updates i'll try my best to update more! it would really help if i got yours guys feedback or any suggestions you guys have and tysm for everything <333