using you

upon entering your hotel room you noticed a familiar pair of shoes by the doorway. there was nobody else that could rock red bottoms the way santana did. you sat on your master bed and thought about how everyone told you to get with a wealthy man but your husband had never really seemed like he was really happy. that was until you met santana. she put you in your place and showed you how to enjoy yourself.

you got up after taking off your heels and headed towards the balcony where you noticed it was open. the curtains swayed as the wind blew. the smell of a rich perfume tickled your nose as you stood by the doors. "i see you let yourself in?" she turned her head slightly to see you from where she was standing.

"i was going to surprise you" she said.

"yknow i missed you." you told her as you walked behind her. a surprised expression was all that you could see from where you were standing. your hand wrapped around her back until she was holding you by the waist.

"you missed me?" she asked.

"mhm"

"you're the only one that makes me come to my sinful senses" she let out a low chuckle.

"i'll never love anyone the same santana" a sigh left your lips as you turned away not being able to look at her anymore. "i guess its really naive of me to think you could be the love of my life"

"y/n... we're married"

"yeah i know, but there's just something telling me that this is so right" you paused to look at her "there's something telling me that we're meant to be together san.."

her grip was still firm around your waist, but her facial expression remained the same. blank.

"we're just using each other to fulfill our sexual and emotional needs-"

"don't say emotional" she said in a stern tone. "there's no emotions being involved in casual sex y/n"

"no emotion? santana you were knuckles deep inside of me the other day telling me you loved me!"

"that's way different. like you said were just using each other for pleasure that our husbands lack in supplying." after she said that you slightly pushed her away.

you grabbed her pack of cigarettes from her pocket as well as her lighter. "what are you doing? you never smoke-"

"i was so scared of losing you." you told her "someday we'll both be older and i wonder if we'll be together looking back on the past"

smoke had filled the air as you leaned against the edge of the balcony. "i'm literally losing my mind just being in this situation and you tell me that i'm fine and it'll just pass by. we're such a mess together santana."

you could tell by the look in her eyes that she knew where this was going. you overlooked the nice city view as you smoked whatever pain away until you felt a familiar pair of arms wrapped around you once again.

she was on her knees. if we're being completely honest if she asked you to leave your husband you would, but she never asked and you knew she would never.

you grabbed her chin and held it in the palm of your hand and looked at her with the most love in your eyes. "we can't keep doing this".

it felt like the whole world had stopped when you said that. tears filled her eyes and you tried your best to hide yours, but you both knew what had to be done.