kurts wedding

you walked into the church with quinn and mercedes to take your seats before kurt came down the isle. they decided to just have a maid of honor and best man which was rachel and sam no bridesmaids or groomsmen.

the ceremony was to die for the vowels were the sweetest thing ever. while they were saying them you leaned to quinn to whisper in her ear.

"this is making me feel so single" she quietly laughed as she shook her head. "you're saying that now until you see santana" she told you fixing her dress.

"i told you we're over!" you missed kurt and blaine kiss because you were too busy trying to argue with quinn about your past relationship. you her and mercedes drove to the reception when they brought up santana.

"so are you guys done for good?" mercedes asked.

you hadn't talked about santana in a while. everything ended maybe a month ago it's not like there was bad blood between the two of you but it was still a sore subject.

"i love her and all but i think it's over" you told them as mercedes turned into the reception location. you gasped looking out the window you felt like a child enjoying the scenery.

it looked exactly like something off of twilight except there was a ballroom in the middle of nowhere with trees surrounding the area. "did you guys see her at the ceremony?" you asked them.

"she was two rows behind us with mike and tina" you smacked your face as you got off of the car you felt so bad she probably thought you were mad at her and that's why you didn't say hi.

knowing santana she would act like she didn't care and totally brush it off. you arrived a little later than everyone else because mercedes got lost a couple of times but made it just in time to great everyone and congratulate the married couple.

as blaine was talking to quinn kurt pulled you aside to talk to you. "have you talked to santana?" it's seems as if everyone was worried about that. the two of you were on good terms with each other so why did it matter if you've talked to her or not.

you shook your head and he asked if everything was ok. you reassured him that everything was fine and when you got a chance to you'd talk to her. as you took your seat at the table with quinn you looked for santana and she was nowhere in sight.

you just assumed she was using the restroom or something. kurt and blaine had their first dance as a married couple and you were in tears. the dj then started playing music so everyone could join them on the dance floor.

but you were so overwhelmed with emotions and just pure happiness mixed with sadness at the same time.you told quinn and rachel you'd be back. stepping outside for fresh air was the only thing you could think of.

there were benches outside that overlooked the lake so that's where you sat to cry. what hurts most is you planned on having a wedding like this with santana. now it seemed impossible for it to happen.

the door had opened and you heard what song they were playing. it was something by the beetles it made it even worse. you heard heels coming towards the bench you thought it was quinn until you saw who it actually was.

she walked in front of the beach with her arms open. "come on" she said you didn't think twice about jumping in her arms. mascara was running down your face as you cried onto her shoulder.

she pulled away from the hug to look at you. "i'm so sorry i didnt say hi i looked for you and didn't see you" you sobbed even more you couldn't live with santana thinking you hated her. it crushed your heart just imagining that.

"you don't have to apologize y/n i didn't expect you to come up to me and hug me or something" she said taking a seat on the bench at with you following. whipping away your tears she gave you a warm smile that made you feel so safe just with her presence.

"how'd you know i was out here" you wondered if she went looking for you and quinn or rachel told her. "i know how to get during weddings. plus this area seemed like somewhere you would enjoy sitting at" you rested your head on her shoulder as she rubbed your left arm.

any time you would attend a wedding with santana you would always cry imagining the two of you being the ones getting married. and she knew that.

"so how are you" she asked interrupting your thoughts. you sniffled and told her you were fine. "what about you?"

she just sighed. her heart started racing you wondered why. you moved off of her and saw she was crying. "i called kurt to tell him if you weren't coming that i wouldn't show" pausing she took a breath "it's been a month since i last saw you and i-i-i i just-"

you cut her off by kissing her. no words could explain how you felt the last month without her around. if anything you looked forward to seeing her today. she pulled out of the kiss and no words had to be said.

you had your san and she had you.