you up?

shuffling around in your empty king mattress you felt your phone go off. opening it you saw it was three in the morning. who could be texting you at these hours? before opening the messages she called you. "hello?" you questioned in a sleepy voice. "are you up?" she asked.

"yes why?"

"come over" it wasn't up for debate she demanded you went over. of course when santana needed you you'd be there but not at these hours. "i'll be there in five santana" hanging up the phone you grabbed your keys and slipped on some shoes to head to her house.

you had your own key so you let yourself in. walking through your house her name echoed the walls while you called it out. looking through every room you couldn't find her and the last place to look was her bedroom.

the door was cracked open so you looking inside and saw her putting on a shirt. you quickly backed away and closed your eyes waiting for her to open the door. "cominggg".

after she opened the door and stood there confused to why you had your eyes closed.
"y/n/n?" opening your eyes you saw her in a big tee and just her underwear.

she pulled you into a hug and invited you in her room. "what may i assist you with at these hours of the night lopez?" you asked laid out on her bed.

"oh i don't know it just gets lonely in this house by myself" laying down next to you she turned and smiled at you.

"so when are you breaking up with your boyfriend?" she asked.

"mmmm you still won't let that go will you" sighing at your words she started laughing.

"i don't think i will" she said.

"we've had this conversation already san. i'm not leaving him" you told her.

"he doesn't even make you happy y/n!" you knew she was serious because she used your name which she rarely does. "i bet he doesn't even make you-"

"AH! shush" cutting her off you brought your hands to your face to cover your embarrassment. "i'm just saying y/n/n i want to see you happy and not with some bum that makes you miserable!"

"he's not a bum" laughing at her words you playfully smacked her arm. she sat up and laid her head on her arm looking at how your
lips slowly part as you slightly fell asleep.

"freak"

looking in a different direction you started laughing at how red she got. she grabbed your hand and held it.

"i just needed to hear your voice" she told you as she rubbed your hand with her thumb.

it was nights like those that you loved most.