first love

screams and laughs echoed the house as your grandchildren ran through it. sitting in the dinning room with your now older kids you were surrounded by their children. they all wanted you to tell them stories from your past so you did.

one of your older granddaughters was so fascinated with your highschool days and wished to be as popular and pretty as you were. she sat with everyone else looking at old pictures while you told stories. she pointed out a picture from the arts page.

you grabbed it to take a look seeing it was the old glee club photo from nationals. "there's so many cute guys in there" she said as she grabbed the book back.

"who was your first love and what was his name?" she asked. everyone joined in and asked the same things even your children did.
never have you told them who your first love was it was a part of your life that you kept hidden.

"goodness. my first loves name was santana" everyone in the room questioned what you had just said as you went on "i fell in love with her i think because of her eyes and her interest in me"

smiling you remembered your teenage days that were spent with her. it wasn't sooooo long ago you were still young. "she had a wonderful sense of humor. we enjoyed doing things together i just knew i wanted to be around her. there was such a warmth about her"

"we just seemed to listen and hear one another" no one knew your first love was a girl so they were all so stunned with the information. your son asked if she was a girl and you nodded your head. "hell yeah! gosh mom you were so cool" you laughed at what your daughter had said as she clinked her glass with yours.

"what happened to santana?" your granddaughter asked.

"instead of having a happy ending we both became bridesmaids at each other's weddings and watched the person we love marry another" sighing you looked at your ring finger with teary eyes.

you always told her she would be your one and only love, which was true.

"some find the right person at the right time. i had the right person just in the wrong world"