favors

"hello?" you questioned the unknown number that called you. "hey" just with the hey you knew who it was already. "yes santana?" you heard her laugh on the other line "oh don't sound too excited". your eyes rolled as you waited for her to say something else. "do you mind doing me a favor?" she asked.

"what kind of favor?"

"since christmas is like next week...would you mind coming with me to my parents house? but you'd have to come as my girlfriend."

"don't they know we broke up?"

santana paused before she said anything else "not exactly". furious at what she said you were too stunned to speak. "what do you mean not exactly?" you asked raising your voice "you know how much my mom likes you i just couldn't bring myself to break her heart like that".

"god dammit santana"

"look y/n it's only for the holidays and after i'll tell her we broke up. you're only acting for the few days we'll be staying with them" you thought real long and hard about whatd you'd say next. "when do we leave?" she let out a sigh of relief.

"i'll be there on the 24th to get you at 8 so we can head out"

  -

THE 24th

the drive to her parents house wasn't that bad. there was a lot of catching up to do plus the two of you had to come up with a story to why you were "away" for a couple of months. after a while santana finally pulled up to the lopez residence in lima. she stood next to you at the door while she knocked waiting for an answer.

you looked down at your hand when she held it but before you could say anything someone opened the door. maribel stood by the door while christmas music echoed through the house underneath peoples voices.

"y/nn!!! where have you been? i haven't seen you in so long" maribel brought you into a tight hug as you exchanged hello's.

"mami let her breathe" after she let you go she greeted her daughter and opened the door allowing you to see all of santanas family.

there were many gasps at the sight of you and santana together and a lot of questions as well. "mija where have you been?" santanas tia asked handing you a plate of food. "i've been busy with work but i wouldn't miss a lopez christmas" laughing at what you said santanas cousins came around the corner by where everyone was eating and what not.

"santanas talked about you a lot since you've been working away" maribel chimed in.

"oh you're all she talks about mija. tienes a mi sobrina realmente enamorada de ti" her tia said.
(translation: you have my niece really in love with you)

"really? what has she said?"

"y/n this y/n that oh i miss y/n" her cousins told you before santana shut them up.

"mmmmm i think that's enough of you three go play something over there before i kick your ass" the three girls ran in fear thanks to their older cousin. "so you talk about me san?" you asked taking a bite of the tamale. you saw she rolled her eyes as she watched.

"want some?" you held it out to her to take a bite with your hand underneath to catch anything that may fall. as she took a bite a flash caught your attention causing you both to look in the direction.

"smile!" maribel told the two of you with the biggest smile. so you both did just that with cheeky smiles. after you realized you were still feeding her like you did on your first date. she claimed it was so romantic and loved the way you took care of her. she said her most favorite thing was seeing the love in your eyes when you looked at her. 

everything made you smile which made her confused. there was no denying you missed her family and being around her. the two of you sat on the couch indulging in the family conversations. you both found yourself cuddled up together hearing all of the things santana had done when she was younger.

"sooooo santana... when do you plan on making y/n a lopez?" almost spitting out your hot chocolate you looked at santana as she sat there trying to figure out what to say next.

"i don't think we're really looking to get married soon... i mean we still are so young" she said.

"excuses excuses you just don't have the guts" her head turned to her cousin before she started chasing him around the house. you got up to stop her in the kitchen. "you've become a pretty good actor" she said to you as she took a bite of some chocolate chip cookies.

"not too bad yourself san" after her old nickname slipped out of your mouth you brought your hand to your lips. santana noticed you using her old nickname and smiled.

"let's go get our stuff from the car i'm getting sleepy"

"hey wait up san" she turned around underneath the door way. pointing up she looked and saw the mistletoe. as she looked down you caught her lips with yours while your thumb and index finger held her chin.

"well if it isn't a christmas miracle" she said in between kisses.

A/N: SORRY THIS IS SHORT. ALSO MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!