family friend

walking into your childhood home after returning from college you were welcomed by family and friends saying "surprise!". cameras flashed while you stood there stunned and you were then surrounded by people congratulating you. after all the people you've said hi to you were almost certain you said hi to everyone but you didn't.

pulling you aside with your red solo cup in hand your mom brought you to old family friends. they were like uncles and aunts to you so you greeted maribel and her husband with open arms. "mija look at how big you've gotten!! you of course remember our daughter santana" stepping to the side she revealed your first crush ever.

"how could i forget" there was no forgetting santana she was the type of girl you remembered forever. she pulled you in for a hug squeezing you soooo tightly. "it's good to see you y/n/n" by then your parents went to go chat somewhere else leaving you two alone to catch up.

"i can see you've grown up" looking her up and down you smiled. "well at least one of us has" laughing you playfully punched her. you spent that night talking like you'd seen each other yesterday. both of you had a little too much to drink but it eased the tension.

"i remember when we would play tag right here and you'd get like soooo mad" you told her pointing at a part in the lawn.

"i'd only get mad because of tommy that lived down the road" she said crossing her arms.

putting your cup down you grabbed her cheeks with your hand. pulling her closer you shook her head "don't tell me you were jealous" speaking to her in a baby tone made her roll her eyes.

you pulled her back once more but for a kiss. "there now you can tell Tommy you were my first kiss" laughing as he walked by you waved. "i didn't even know he was here-" she stopped you from talking with another kiss. allowing yourself to melt into it you could feel her smile.