congrats

santana was getting married tomorrow and you contemplated on going. you called tina that night asking whether or not you should go as you looked at the invitation you received. she told you it would mean a lot to santana even though y'all were exes.

she reminded you that you were also her best friend before the two of you were lovers. you just told her you didn't know if you were gonna go or not as you hung up the phone. if you left early tomorrow morning you'd miss the ceremony but make the reception. so that's what you did.

you made it to the reception and greeted santana's mom before anyone else. " hola mija how've you been y/n? i haven't seen you in so long!" maribel said to you as she hugged you.

"i've been great it's good to see you miss lopez!"
she let you go because she had to deal with whatever was going on in with the kitchen staff.

you met with all the old glee members and caught up with them as they complemented how stunning you looked in your tight black dress with the slit on the leg.

"woahh y/n you look goooddd!" rachel said as she checked you out. "not too bad yourself berry." everyone was so surprised you even showed you were surprised yourself

then you saw her. she looked so gorgeous in that beautiful gown. it was just how the two of you imagined it when y'all were together but you'd be the one marrying her.

you saw her alone so you thought it was your chance. walking up to her she turned and saw you and smiled so big she looked like the cheshire cat or something.

"Y/NNN YOU MADE IT!!" she said giving you a tight hug. the only words that could slip out of your mouth were congratulations. spinning her around by her hand you complemented her and told her how gorgeous she looked in her dress.

"you look great san! i'm so happy for you." you said giving her a warm smile. you missed her so much and could care less about what she was saying all you wanted to do was tell her she was making a mistake.

"i'm surprised you even showed y/n/n i thought you'd totally bail on me." she said as she looked you up and down to see what you were wearing.

"of course not i wouldnt miss my best friends big day!" you said as you smiled because she said your old nickname.

"can we please get the bride and bride to the dance floor please" the announcer said on the microphone. "uh i gotta go now. i'll see you later though!" she walked off to go with her wife.

you didn't even know who she was marrying! it was some girl she met in louisville who would've known. they danced their first dance as a married couple as you were sulking in quinn's embrace.

"gosh quinn why did i come here she looks so happy!" you told the blonde as you cried. "she's gone quinn i couldn't give her what she can that's why she's married now" tears rushing down your face you turned to see your santana dancing with another women.

"you'll be fine y/n sooner or later you'll move on" she reassured you as she wiped away your tears.

the dj must've messed up something because he started playing the song you and her both enjoyed listening to in y'all's apartment back when y'all were together.

your eyes shot open as they met her shocked eyes too. so many things were rushing through your mind. you couldn't take it anymore you had to get out of there. there was no more worrying about santana she found who she wants to spent the rest of her life with so she'll be fine.

before you ran out of that ballroom you ran into maribel. she saw you were crying and pulled you into a hug telling you she was sorry and how she knew you loved her daughter so much.

"please tell her that i'm sorry for leaving early it just broke my heart seeing her with someone else. a-a-aa-and can you tell her i love her?" you asked "yes mija of course. you know you're the only person i approve of my daughter being with!" she said trying to make you feel better.

you told her bye one last time and headed for your car. santana left the dance floor as soon as she could to meet with her mom.

"mami do you know where y/n went?" she asked her mom. "she left mija. her heart couldn't handle seeing you happy with someone other than her. she said she was sorry for leaving early and that she loved you." just hearing those words santana ran out of the reception as quick as she could hoping to catch you in the parking lot.

she was calling out your name as she ran looking for you. you heard her as you turned your head seeing her run in her white dress.

"san? what are you doing out here you should be with your wife." you said to her as she ran to you. " i cant y/n. i just can't. i don't see myself marrying anyone else but you!" she said cupping your cheeks giving you a long awaited kiss.

"but san you're married now are you crazy??!?" you said. "that's why there's and thing called a divorce y/n! i just needed to hear that you still loved me my mom told me everything." you just laughed because maribel does keep her word.

"plus i couldn't resist myself especially when you're looking this hot at your ex girlfriend's wedding! it's basically asking her to leave whoever she's with." all you could do was kiss her and hold her as tight as you could.