papers

getting in your car you called santana. she picked up surprisingly and it took you a while to say something. "hey um i'm gonna stop by if that's okay" she said sure and you told her you'd see her soon. before going to her house you stopped by the bakery she would buy you cupcakes from when she did something to piss you off.

the cashier already knew you two because she saw you guys often. "hey y/n! i haven't seen you and santana in a while" as she rang you up you kept friendly conversation. after getting them you drove to santana's house listening to music you both liked to sing your hearts out
to.

pulling into the drive way felt so weird especially knocking on the door. when you left you also left your key even though santana insisted you kept it.

opening the door you saw her face lit up. you'd be lying if you said you didn't miss her. walking in you gave her a long hug and a kiss on the cheek. pulling away she pulled you back in for a actual kiss. the feeling of her lips made you feel warm inside.

"you're still wearing it" she said looking at your left hand. looking down you noticed you still had your engagement ring. "oh yeah... i guess i haven't really taken it off"

putting the cupcakes on the counter you saw the divorce papers. your signature was on them and hers wasn't. turning around you saw her standing in her living room messing with her hands.

"san-"

"just give me one last night with you. that's all i ask" walking up to her you held her close to you. as much as it broke your heart it needed to be done.

"i know it's selfish of me to ask considering i wanted this all..... but you still mean so much to me and this is the best thing we could do for us.."

she sat on the couch and held you in her arms with your legs tangled. you didn't need her honesty you could tell by her eyes and yours spoke for themselves. "no one knows me like you do. so who do i run to?" you asked the girl that held you with teary eyes.

no words needed to be spoken they've all been said before.

A/n: lord knows what id do without adele's music. i'm so sorry for the short and somewhat sad chapter but there are more updates to come!