Chapter 12

Another 2 chapters, who's excited?? ;) 
Lots of drama, woohoo!!!!!!

Just a disclaimer here, I DO NOT own the song 'Only Girl (In The World)' that is owned by RHIANNA and her recording company. Likewise, I DO NOT own 'Teardrops On my Guitar', that is owned by TAYLOR SWIFT and her recording company.
Thank you all again for your support, I really appreciate it :)
Enjoy! x

“Wow. Lora, you’re amazing.” I said, softly, examining myself in the mirror. “This looks great!”

Lora, my bubbly blonde stylist smiled. “Good. I think you look great.”

I was dressed in a ‘mullet’ dress, with the back touching my mid-calf and the front brushing mid-thigh. It was a sheer pale orange silk overlay with a slightly darker orange slip underneath. The outer dress had ruffled off-the-shoulder sleeves and matching ruffles on the edge of the dress. This was paired with white gladiator sandals, metallic orange nail polish and a white ribbon in my hair. My side fringes were pulled back off my face and tied with the ribbon, with the rest of my curls cascading down my back. My makeup was neutral. The mic hovered a centimetre in front of my mouth, hooked around my ear.

“Delilah! You’re on in ten! Come to stage please.” Jill ordered; popping her head in and out of the door so fast it was almost blurred.

Taking deep breaths, I made my way to the wings on shaking legs.

I watched Coco; wearing a tight gold-sequined dress with skyscraper heels, prance across the stage.

“Want you to make me feel, like I’m the only girl in the world!” Coco sang sexily into the mic. She wasn’t half-bad, which sucked.

My breaths got shallower and raspier. I was nearing hyperventilation, when a familiar hand on my back startled me.

“Del?” Luke asked, worriedly. “Are you ok? You’re pretty pale.”

“I feel like I’m gonna be sick.” I admitted, breathlessly. “I can’t do this.”

“Here, sit down.” Luke moved a pile of cords from a plastic chair and helped me sit down. “Have some water.”

I took a small sip from the bottle he offered me.

He watched me concernedly as I put my head on my knees, screwed my eyes shut an concentrated on getting my breathing back.

Finally, I calmed down enough to sit back up and look at Luke fully. His face showed relief when I did so.

“Better?”

“Yeah. Thanks.”

“No worries. The first concert is always the worst. But it gets amazing once you’re up there, you’ll see. The energy of the crowd is manic, you can feed off it.”

“Like a vampire?” I wrinkled my nose.

Luke chuckled softly. “Please don’t tell me you’re a Twilight fan.”

“Alright then, I won’t tell you.” I winked.

“Delilah, you’re on in two.” Eddie instructed. “Mic ready?”

“Yep. Ready to go.” I said.

Then I looked back at Luke, my expression terrified.

He smiled softly, smoothing the worry lines on my forehead. “You’ll be brilliant, Del. You always are.”