Chapter 42

Ugh. I really really wanted to leave you guys with a bit of a cliffhanger before I went away for the weekend (I know, I know. I'm evil, I'm sorry)

BUT I JUST COULDN'T.

The thing with cliffhangers....is that I hate them. And I hate not knowing what happens, so even if I'm writing the story, I still have to keep writing to find out what happens after my own cliffhanger even if I already know!!! I'm so weird, I do apologise.

It's a bit short too, hm.

But anyway, here's the update :)

Hate it, love it whatever you feel haha

ENJOY AMIGOS :D

I pressed the end call button and stared blankly at the pills scattered on the floor.

I heard Luke swear outside the door and begin pounding on it again.

“Damn it, Del! Open the door! Please!” His voice cracked. “Don’t do this. Please, just let me in.”

One small white pill felt cold at the tip of my tongue.

But when I heard Luke’s voice break, I spat it out, sending it rolling along the tiles.

What the hell was I doing?

Why was I doing this?

Why was I ruining everything I had worked for?

Shaking, I dropped my mobile on the bathroom floor and unlocked the door, opening it slowly.

Luke’s face had gone beyond worried as he stood there, phone still clutched in one hand.

The second I opened the door, he charged inside, his arms winding around my waist as I flew into his arms and sobbed into his chest.

“I’m s-s-sorry.” I choked. “S-so s-sorry.”

Luke stroked my hair gently. “It’s ok. You’re ok now. I’m here, Del.”

I felt so small and fragile, enveloped in his strong arms. I was safe here, was always safe with Luke.

Finally, I got a hold of myself and took some deep, shaky breaths.

I pulled away from his secure hold and smoothed my hair back and wiped my eyes.

“I’m sorry about that.” I said stiffly, turning away.

“Why do you do that?” Luke asked, softly.

“Do what?”

“Turn away. Like you’re worried I won’t care.”

I shrugged. He put his hands on my shoulders and spun me to face him.

“I do care, Del, probably more than I should. Delilah, I’m not ever going to leave you again. I promise.”

“Don’t make promises you can’t keep.” I mumbled.

“I’m not.”

I stared at him wide-eyed. He sounded so sincere, like he really meant the words he was saying.

“Luke.” I whispered, not having the strength to say anything else.

His eyes said it all.

Suddenly, I was in his arms and he was carrying me through the tour bus, laying me down on the couch.