Chapter 31

FIFTH INSTALLMENT FOR TODAY!!!!!!!

How much do y'all love me right now?????

Ok, so maybe it's not exactly the fifth of today, because it's kind of 1am here but whatevs.

Song belongs to Taylor Swift (as usual, I think I'm falling into a pattern but her songs are just so relatable to Delilah!!!!!!)

Anyway. I'm going to sleep.

PS-there's some bad language in this one, sorry!

PPS-I really, really like this chapter!!!!!!! (thought y'all should know)

Night lovlies!

I caught my bottom lip between my teeth as I debated what to do.

I hadn’t slept at all last night, too jumbled up in my head about the furious kisses with Luke and the fight and the look of terrible disappointment on his face when he marched off.

And he had taken the damn pills so I couldn’t even block it out with artificial sleep.

“Screw you, Luke Hemmings.” I muttered, retracting my hand from where it rested on the door and turned to walk away.

“What are you doing?”

I whipped around.

Luke was leaning against the doorframe, arms folded, watching me carefully.

“Nothing.” I said, stubbornly.

“Then you can come in here.”

“I don’t want to talk to you.”

“You wanted to talk last night.”

“You didn’t.”

“Are you going to come in or not?”

Scowling, I pushed past him and into the dressing room. It was empty. “Where are the others?”

“Bowling.”

“Didn’t feel like being a seventh wheel?”

“I wanted to talk to you.”

“You could’ve taken someone, I’m sure you would’ve had a brilliant time with Al.”

“Delilah, just shut up for a moment, would you?”

I glared at him, folding my arms protectively. “What do you want?”

“Just to talk.”

“Why did you kiss me last night?” I demanded. “And why do I have to ask this question again?”

Luke glared straight back. “Why are you taking pills again?”

He looked at me, and I saw beneath the anger on his face, his brilliant blue eyes were dark with worry.

“They’re sleeping pills, not drugs, Luke.”

“They’re still pills.”

“It’s not the same.”

“Why won’t you answer my question?”

“It’s not a big deal!”

“It is a big deal!” Luke shouted. “It’s a fucking huge deal! You can’t pull this kind of shit here, don’t you get it? You have people here that care about you Delilah! You have a career here! Don’t throw it all away because you’re too scared to fucking deal with it!”