Chapter 9

Hey y'all! I'm so sorry it's been ages! I've been super busy!
I'm actually going overseas for a month tomorrow, and I will try my best to update but I can't be certain, of course! 
I hope you enjoy this chapter & stick with me!

Performing to a live audience was far more exhilarating than YouTube.

People sang along to my covers, danced, cheered and clapped for me.

Afterwards, I got girls asking for autographs and pictures.

“Wow!” Em exclaimed, after everyone had left for the next item. “You’re like, famous!”

I laughed at her. “Not quite.”

“Well close enough.” Jules cut in.

Now that my turn was over, we were free to enjoy the New Years Eve concert at Hyde Park.

Coco was up next, and I was curious to hear her sing.

Jules and Em complained the whole way through, and assured me that I was much better.

“Hey, did you perform before?” An unfamiliar male voice asked from behind us.

I turned around in shock. Five boys stood behind us, dressed in various bright colours and grinning wildly.

I noticed Em fluffing up her hair and smiling, and Jules cocking a hip attractively.

“Yeah, I’m Delilah, and these are my best friends Jules and Emilia. I know you guys. How do I know you?” I pursed my lips in thought.

“They’re What About Tonight!” Em exclaimed, suddenly. “From X-Factor. Wow, it’s really cool to meet you guys!”

“Thanks, it’s cool to meet you too.” The guy with tanned skin and dark hair told her with a cheeky smile.

“I remember you now!” I said, with slightly red cheeks.

“You’re really good.” Said the blonde one. “I’m Christian, by the way. And this is Brock, Mitchel, Luke and Tyrone.”

I tried not to flinch when he said Luke. “Nice to meet you all.”

“When are you performing?” Jules asked, sweetly.

“After this girl, what’s her name again?” Brock turned to his band.

“Coco Stewart.” I supplied with a wrinkle of my nose.

“Not a fan?” Luke asked with a smirk.

“You could say that.” Em jumped in.

“You could, but I didn’t.” I corrected, sending my best friends a sharp look.

“Nice save.” Mitchel winked at me.

We chatted to the boys for a while, making random conversation. Em appeared to be taking a liking to Tyrone, and Jules was making eyes at Brock. Honestly, give these girls some guys to look at and they’re set for life.

“We’d better get going.” Christian said, after a while. “We’re about to perform. But catch up with us sometime, yeah? Let us know how you’re going in the musical world.”

I smiled. Christian and I had made fast friends despite the two-year age gap. “Sounds great. Good luck.”

Then Brock straightened up and forced a smile at someone behind us.

“Hi guys, haven’t seen you in a while.” Tyrone said, politely.

“Yeah. We’ve all been busy, I guess.” I heard Calum say stiffly.

“Yeah.” Mitchel looked uncomfortable. “Look, we’d better get to the stage. Good luck for your performance.”

“And yours.” Ashton said.

“Thanks.” Luke from What About Tonight muttered, and the five of them hurried away.

Us three girls whipped around furiously.

The four 5SOS boys were glaring after the What About Tonight boys, and Stella looked mortified.

“What was that?” Jules hissed.

“That was so rude!” Stella interrupted, smacking Michael lightly on the arm and joining us girls.

“You don’t get it, Stel.” Michael mumbled.

“You don’t know them like we do.” Luke said, his voice harsh.

“Yeah and you don’t know us.” I snapped, rashly. “Come on, I’m going to watch them perform.”

I stormed off to the stage with Jules, Em and Stella hurrying behind me.