Chapter 7

Sorry about the delay in this chapter! But I had exams and studying took up such a huge part of my day, that I barely had time to write! :(
I'm still not 100% happy with this chapter and it's more of a filler than anything, but I hope you enjoy it anyway!
Please review!!
x

There was a heavy silence. We stared at the boys, and they stared at us.

Luke looked unfairly good in dark-wash blue jeans and a short-sleeved collared blue shirt.

The others were all dressed similarly.

“Hey guys.” I said, awkwardly taking charge. “This is Emilia. Em, this is Luke, Calum, Ashton and Michael.”

“And Stella!” Another voice piped up, and my gaze moved to the pretty girl standing half behind Michael.

My mouth almost dropped. She was gorgeous. She had lightly tanned skin and sleek hair almost the same colour, falling shiny and straight to her shoulders. Her eyes were a warm dark brown and her smile was inviting. She was wearing a pastel nude coloured dress and black flats. She nudged Michael.

“Oh, sorry.” He smiled at her, entwining their hands. “Delilah, Jules and Emilia, this is my girlfriend; Stella.”

“Nice to meet you.” I smiled.

“You too!” Stella darted out and hugged me swiftly, leaving me gaping in shock. She giggled at my expression. “Sorry. It’s just that I feel as though I know you already! The boys talk about you all the time!”

“Really?” I shot a narrow-eyed glance at said boys, who shuffled their feet and looked away. “That must have been boring.”

Stella giggled again and skipped back to Michael, brushing a kiss across his lips.

I almost wrinkled my nose at the cuteness, but hid it with a smile. Lovey dovey romance just wasn’t my thing anymore.

“Let’s go?” Jules suggested, clearing her throat.

Ashton jumped at her suggestion. “Sounds good. Do you know where we’re going?”

The two walked down the corridor together, followed by Michael and Stella.

Calum glanced at us; me with my eyebrow raised, Luke with his hands in his pockets, and Em with a charming smile on her face.

“So, Emilia, how do you know Delilah?” Calum asked.

That sneaky son of a b-

“Call me Em. And we’ve been best friends since she moved to Melbourne.” Em said. And the two of them glided away down the corridor, leaving Luke and I stuck in an awkward silence.

Both of them were just asking me to murder them.

“They’re going to do this the whole trip, you know.” Luke said, as we started walking. “They don’t know what happened, but they want to find out. I don’t usually keep secrets from the boys. They want us to sort this out.”

“It’s a mess.” I agreed. “Look, Luke. Maybe we should call a truce.”

“What?”

“We be civil in company, but otherwise don’t talk.”

“But, Delilah, I…”

“Please don’t, Luke.” I gave him a pained look. “Don’t you think I’ve been through enough already?”

It was a low blow and I knew it in the way I saw his jaw tighten.

“Fine, Delilah. We’ll do it your way. We always do.”

I whipped around at his bitter tone, my eyes burning. “You don’t know the half of it, Luke Hemmings! Do you think it was my choice that you dated Alison? That is was my choice to lose my best friend? That it was my choice to move to Melbourne? That it was my choice that my mum…” I trailed off. Luke still didn’t know about my mum. The only people that did were Jules and her family, and my friends in Melbourne. None of the boys had a clue.

“That your mum what?” Luke asked, in frustration, running a hand through his hair. “Why won’t you finish your sentences, Del?”

“Because no one wants to hear the answers.” I snapped back. “Come on. Let’s just go.”

The walk to the restaurant was tense. Michael and Stella walked together, hand in hand and whispering what I supposed were sweet nothings to each other.

Ashton and Jules were talking animatedly. It must have been something fascinating and hilarious, from the way Jules was waving her arms in exaggeration and the bursts of laughter coming from Ashton.

Calum and Em were getting along quite well also, appearing deep in conversation.

I was happy for my friends for finally meeting two guys that appeared to actually care for them somewhat. However, that did leave me stuck with Luke.

We walked in a chilly silence, and I knew he wanted to say something, but I couldn’t let him. I’d closed my heart off to him years ago.

We reached the restaurant and somehow, Luke ended up sitting across from me. But before anyone could start ordering, someone else walked into the room.

Alison dressed in possibly the shortest and tightest little black beaded dress known to woman.

“Hello boys, ladies.” She gushed, placing a hand on Luke’s shoulder. He swallowed, but made no move to shrug it off. “Delilah.”

I scowled. She was smirking at her own joke. Bitch, please.

“Alison.” I retorted, coldly.

Jules was seated to my right and Em next to her. Stella was sitting next to Em and opposite Michael so they could play footsie under the table.

Calum was opposite Em and Ashton opposite Jules.

Alison smiled at me unpleasantly and sat at the head of the table between Luke and I.

I was right, I realised, as Alison smirked at me and placed her hand on Luke’s shoulder.

He looked like he wanted to rip her hand off, but he refrained, coughing slightly and sliding his hand into his lap.

I was right. Tonight was going to end badly.