Chapter 8

Well, this has to be one of the worst chapters I have ever written and I do apologise sincerely.
I have been super-mega-busy lately, and then I went on camp=no internet!
Then I got back and rediscovered What About Tonight; abolsutely amazing, they are & started writing another FF about them.

So this is a bit of a filler chapter, and I'm sorry, but I thought I should put it up.
I have my later chapters written, I'm just finding it a little difficult to come up with the middle section leading to the bits I've already written!
Please review!
x

Halfway through, and my prediction was proving to be correct.

An awkward silence had washed over the table, exempting Michael and Stella’s oblivious lovesick chatter and Alison’s attempts at flirting.

I spent most of the meal with my gaze on my spaghetti. But every time I glanced up, Luke’s eyes would find mine.

Each time they did, my heart skipped a beat. It was ridiculous. Ever since I’d met the boy, he’d made my heart do funny things. Like break.

A sharp kick to the shin jolted me from my heavy thoughts.

“Ouch!” I yelped, causing everyone to stare at me. I blushed in embarrassment.

Alison was giving me the evil eye with a smirk threatening her lipsticked lips. She’d kicked me.

“Stubbed my toe.” I muttered. Then I jerked the chair back and got to my feet. “Excuse me.”

I wound through the chattering patrons of the restaurant to the bathrooms.

I found the Women’s restroom and locked myself in a stall, pressing my palms to my eyes in a vain attempt to stop the tears.

The main door burst open I heard Jules’ voice calling my name. “Delilah?”

“Please go away.”

“Delilah.” This time it was Em’s voice.

With a sigh and a deep breath, I let myself out of the stall. “I’m just so sick of her.”

“We all are.” Jules rolled her eyes.

“Luke’s worried.” Em piped up. “You ran out of there like a bat out of hell.”

“Don’t quote Meatloaf at me, James.”

Em made a face. “Then don’t do stupid things that warrant one, Cook.”

Jules raised her eyebrow. “Right.”

Then we were all laughing. We were more than best friends. We were sisters.

I managed to get through the rest of the night civilly, with more than a few evil glares shot my way.

But I didn’t care. I kept my head held high.

That night Jules, Em and I stayed up into the early morning hours eating chocolate, watching romantic comedies and gossiping about boys.

It was absolutely brilliant.

Only I regretted it deeply in the morning when we were woken early.

“Get dressed and move your stuff on the tour bus. We’re going to Hyde Park for the New Year’s Eve show tonight and they want us there in one hour. Hop to it!” Jo ordered.

A hot shower woke me up, but I wrinkled my nose as I tried to figure out what to wear. What we wore today would be what we would wear tonight.

“Jules!” I whined. “What are you wearing?”

“Clothes!” She shot back.

“Jules Mayer! Help me out! I’m trying to make an impression!”

“On Luke?” Jules winked at me as I flushed furiously.

“Don’t be ridiculous.”

Jules ended up wearing black distressed shorts with a sheer mint shirt over a black bandeau and black military boots.

Em was wearing a pale blue spaghetti strap singlet tucked into a pink and white floral skirt with matching blue high-tops.

I wore a pair of burgundy shorts, my black Vans and a black New York City For The Kids t-shirt.

It wasn’t over the top, but it would do. I suppose.

Hyde Park was beautiful, especially in the summer.

All over the sweet green grass, white tents and stalls were being pitched for the festival tonight.

We made our way to the small stage right in the centre of the park and watched in awe as a small group of stagehands assembled it, supposedly from scratch.

“Have you seen the boys yet?” Jo asked, rushing up to us looking flustered.

“No, sorry.” I replied, a frown creasing my brow.

“Damn them. Always wandering off.” Jo cursed.

“Who are?”

We whipped around at the sound of the familiar voice to see four cheekily grinning boys and an apologetic Stella.

"You!" Jules teased.

“Boys, I need you to meet someone.” Jo said.

“My boss.” Alison appeared from nowhere looking smug.

“Yes.” Jo rolled her eyes. “Everyone, this is…”

“I am Coco Stewart.” A frosty, faux polite voice said from my right.

My jaw almost dropped at the sight of her.

She was stunning, and Luke’s gaze was stuck on her.

I immediately felt like a potato.