Epilogue

After a year and a bit, 63 chapters + a bonus chapter, a few procrastinated exams and plenty of tears....Hey There, Delilah has finally finished.

I cannot thank you all ENOUGH for all your amazing reading, voting, reviewing and sweet comments and messages, it's made this ride so much more fun and joyful.

A special shout out to inlondontoday because you are the most awesome person, reviewing nearly every single chapter AND writing on my message board; your words never fail to bring a smile to my face :)

This chapter is dedicated to every single reader; ghost reader or commenter or messenger, because each and every single one of you are gorgeous and awesome and my love for you cannot be described in typed words. I cannot thank you all enough for sticking with me through the frustratingly slow updates and clumsy filler chapters and cliffhangers and minor plot twists. 

I truly hope you've all enjoyed Hey There, Delilah, and I cannot wait to share more of my stories with you :)

Without further ado, I give you the last chapter of HTD forever: The Epilogue:

I like to compare life to a game of softball, because it's a game I'm not particularly good at, and don't always like. But lately, I've been learning to love it.

Sometimes, Life throws you curveballs, and you’re trying to hit them, and failing completely. Sometimes, you’ll be stuck waiting for something to move before you can make your move. Sometimes, you’ll throw someone a ball, and it’ll wind up ending badly for you. Sometimes, you’ll hit a perfectly clean shot, only to have it caught by someone and sending you out. But sometimes, you’ll hit a ball far beyond anyone’s expectations and make a home run.

Today, as Dad and I stood at the front gate of our old house and watched the moving vans drive away, I smiled, knowing I’d hit the ball well this time.

And as Dad and I stepped off the airplane into Sydney airport and were greeted with a group of six teenagers and a few adults holding glittery WELCOME HOME signs, I knew I’d hit a home run.

I couldn’t control my grin as I waved shyly at Jules, Ashton, Stella, Michael, Calum and Luke.

I laughed as Jules released Ashton’s hand and sprinted over to me, encasing me tightly in a massive hug, her long dark hair tickling my bare shoulders.

“I missed you!” She said, pulling back and wiping away her tears. “I missed you, so much!”

“I missed you too.” I smiled at her and then squeaked as Stella attacked me in a huge hug. “Hi, Stel.”

“Hiya, Del!” Stella chirped, pulling away and smiling brightly.

“Delilah!” Calum charged in for a hug and I laughed, wrapping my arms around him.

“Calum!” I teased. Then I stood on tiptoe to whisper in his ear. “Em says hello and that she misses you.”

Calum’s cheeks were slightly darker as he pulled back. “Thanks.”

I giggled at him, the squealed as I was knocked off my feet by Michael.

“Don’t you ever leave again.” He growled.