Chapter 30

Guys this is my fourth upload today.

Seriously. LOVE ME.

I STILL DON'T OWN THIS SONG. IT STILL BELONGS TO TAYLOR SWIFT.

IF I COULD SING LIKE HER & WRITE LIKE HER, MY LIFE WOULD BE COMPLETE

Things are starting to pick up & rock'n'roll (yep, I totally just said that).

Sooooooo enjoy this chapter and mentally prepare yourselves for lots of stuff.

Yayyyyyyy

PEACE

It was the morning after and Luke still wasn’t talking to me. Last night, he’d taken the pills from me, given me a glare and stormed off. I hadn’t heard from him since.

And I was annoyed he hadn’t given me a chance to explain myself.

And I couldn’t even talk to Jules or Em about it because they’d kill me. I couldn’t talk to Cal and Ashton because they had no idea what was going on and I couldn’t talk to Mike or Stella because not only did they not know my story, but were still M.I.A.

Sighing, I glanced at my watch. Lora would be here in about thirty seconds to do my hair and makeup for my first ever radio interview. The boys had done one yesterday, and now it was my turn.

Growling in frustration, I dropped my head into my hands. Luke had kissed me. Again. Twice. And then left with no explanation whatsoever.

Asshole.

Lora scurried in with two paper cups in her hand and breezy greeting on her lips. “Hello, gorgeous girl. You ready for your interview?”

I accepted the cup she gave me and sipped it. Mm. Even though it was the middle of summer, it was never too hot for hot chocolate.

“I’m so nervous.” I admitted. “It’s live. What happens if I say something stupid and everyone hears? It can’t be edited out!”

Lora laughed softly. “Delilah Cook, you sing live every night.”

I shrugged. “That’s different.”

“How?”

“Because now I’m answering questions! About myself!”

Lora smiled. “You’ll be fine, I promise. Now go get dressed.”

Huffing at her good-naturedly, I took the bundle she offered me and went into the changing room. I put on loose high-waisted black shorts in a shiny sort of material studded with silver on the sides and tucked a white singlet and sheer white collared shirt into them. I slipped on white saltwater sandals and then looked in the mirror. My hair hung in beachy waves similar to the ones that I so envied on Em. My makeup was neutral, just enough to make my skin appear flawless and my eyes to pop.

I went back to Lora with a smile. “Thank you.”

“Anytime, babe.” Lora grinned at me. “Have fun!”

“Thanks.”

Jo drove me to the radio station headquarters herself, chattering all the way.

I felt sick with nerves.