Chapter 47

Quick update yayyyyyyy :D

Point 1. Song belongs to Taylor Swift (I should really find some more artists to love) and the bits in BOLD are the bits I've changed.

Point 2. This is a nice long chapter full of awesome drama so LOVE ME

Point 3. Thank y'all for your super lovely comments, they really make my day! <3

Point 4. THIS CHAPTER GAVE ME SUCH FEELS TO WRITE OMFG

So....teehee ;) enjoyyyyy

“She’s still not responding.”

“It’s been almost an hour!”

“What the hell did she say to her?”

Their voices were becoming clearer now.

The roar in my ears was dying down, but the sense of hopelessness remained.

“When’s Luke coming?” Jules demanded. “When does their set finish?”

“In five minutes.” Stella chewed her lip, anxiously. “Fry will tell Luke as soon as they get offstage.”

“Delilah! Please talk to us.” Em begged, sitting next to me and putting a hand on my shoulder.

But I couldn’t. Couldn’t bring myself to move or to respond.

What was the point when my world was rapidly collapsing around me?

I heard pounding feet down the hallway and the door was thrown open, Luke barrelling in like all of hell was chasing him.

His head whipped around wildly until he saw me sitting on the floor.

Em shot to her feet, hurrying her tearstained words out of her mouth as she explained what happened.

Stella ran straight into Michael’s waiting arms. Cal let Em cry into his shirt. Ashton held Jules close to his chest.

Luke was in front of me in an instant, both his hands on my shoulders. “Delilah? Baby, can you hear me?”

I looked straight at him, into his worried blue eyes.

“Del, what happened?” Luke demanded. “I’ll fix it. Just talk to me.”

“You can’t fix it.” I rasped.

Everyone looked simultaneously shocked and relieved at what I’d said.

Luke smoothed my hair away from my forehead. “Tell me what happened.”

I folded forward, dissolving into body-shaking sobs.

Luke caught me and held me tightly in his strong arms, letting me cry into his chest, and rubbed his hand up and down my back soothingly.

When I’d finished crying, I pulled back. “S-s-sorry.”

“Don’t be.” Luke wiped a few stray tears off my cheeks tenderly. “What happened?”

“Alison knows.” I whispered, looking into his eyes. “She knows everything.”

Horror was swirling in my head, making me dizzy.

Luke’s face was worried. “Del…what do you mean everything?”