Chapter 4

“Delilah Cook.” I said, to the receptionist. It was the same girl as last week, and now I could see that her name badge read: ‘Nadia’.

“Go straight into Johanna’s office.” Nadia smiled. “She and the boys are waiting for you.”

“Thanks.” I said, smiling faintly.

As soon as we reached the hallway, Jules grabbed my wrist pulled me out of sight.

“Are you serious right now?” She growled, eyes sparking with anger.

“I was considering turning down the offer when I found that out.” I admitted. “But I need this. This is my shot, Jules.”

Jules calmed down. “I know. Sorry, Del. But be careful, Ok?”

“Ok.” I knocked on Jo’s door and it swung open.

As Nadia had told me, the four boys were already inside, sitting on chairs and chatting animatedly with Jo.

“Delilah!” Jo said with a smile, as soon as I walked in. “Great to see you again, darling. Take a seat.”

I bit my lip as I looked around. The boys had taken all available seats.

“Here, have mine, Del.” Calum offered.

“I’ll stand, thanks.” I said. “And please call me Delilah.”

“I’m Juliana.” Jules said to Jo, offering her hand for a handshake. “But you can call me Jules. I’m Delilah’s best friend.”

She shot a sideways glare at Luke as she said “best”.

Jo shook her hand and sat back down. She looked slightly uncomfortable in the suddenly high-tension levels of the room. “Well, boys if you’d like to introduce yourselves to Delilah? Or have you already met?”

I bit my lip. Then Ashton started to talk, saving us all from an awkward situation. “We met Delilah last week, when she was leaving your office. Didn’t stop for a heart to heart, just made some introductions. But it’s nice to meet you, Jules. I’m Ashton. This is Calum, Luke and Michael.”

“Nice to meet you, Ashton. But I know these guys, we went to the same school after all!” Jules forced a light laugh and Ashton’s eyes went wide for a moment. He knew something was up.

“Really?” Jo said, smiling pleasantly. “What a small world.”

“For certain.” Michael piped up, uneasily.

“Are we ready to get down to business?” Jo asked, and I took that as my cue to become a professional.

I nodded, and inched closer to Jo’s desk, shadowed by Jules.

“Wonderful. So, your tour will begin here in Sydney on New Years Eve, December 31. Delilah, I know you live in Melbourne…”

“I’ll be able to make it.” I said. I knew Dad wouldn’t mind.

“Wonderful. Anyway. That’ll be an evening in Hyde Park, with Delilah doing a small introduction and a song or two, and then you boys will take it away. Then we’ll be off.”

I glanced down at mine and swallowed.

5 Seconds of Summer and Delilah Cook concert dates:

December 31: Hyde Park, Sydney at 8:00pm

January 1: Royale Hall, Canberra at 7:00pm

January 2: Thebarton Theatre, Adelaide at 7:00pm

January 3: Thebarton Theatre, Adelaide at 7:00pm

January 4: The Old Museum, Brisbane at 7:00pm

January 5: The Old Museum, Brisbane at 7:00pm

January 6: OFF, Brisbane

January 7: Fellbeck Hall, Cairns at 7:00pm

January 8: Carnegie Hall, Darwin at 7:00pm

January 9: Carnegie Hall, Darwin at 7:00pm

January 10: OFF, Darwin

January 11: Lynch Hall, Alice Springs at 7:00pm

January 12: Farley Hall, Perth at 7:00pm

January 13: Farley Hall, Perth at 7:00pm

January 14: OFF, Perth

January 15: Carlyle Hall, Hobart at 7:00pm

January 16: Carlyle Hall, Hobart at 7:00pm

January 17: Festival Hall, Melbourne at 7:00pm

January 18: Festival Hall, Melbourne at 7:00pm

January 19: OFF, Melbourne

January 20: Factory Theatre, Sydney at 7:00pm

January 21: Factory Theatre, Sydney at 7:00pm

January 22: OFF, Sydney

End of tour

“Wow.” I said, finishing the list. “Pretty intense.”

“You’ll do fine, Delilah. I’m certain.” Jo assured me. “Boys? Delilah? Any questions?”

“I have a few.” I murmured, flushing slightly.

Jo smiled indulgently. “It’s your first concert after all. Go ahead.”

“Because it’s over the summer, and I’ll be spending nearly a whole moth with four boys…is there any chance at all that I’d be allowed to bring my two best friends?”

Jules’ head whipped towards me, her face furrowed in confusion.

“Maybe.” Jo mused. “Who are they?”

“Well, Jules for one.” I said. “And Emilia’s my best friend back in Melbourne. The two of them have been instrumental with getting my career started. I wouldn’t have anything if it wasn’t for them.”

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Luke’s face tighten, and wondered if he was remembering the days when we were still best friends, and he was convincing me to GO FOR IT, and I had refused.

“I don’t see why not.” Jo smiled. “It’ll give you some company in your hotel room at least.”

“Thank you so much, Jo.” I said, gratefully.

“Oh, and one more thing.” Jo scrabbled through her papers until she found the one she was looking for. “Aha! Sorry. Anyway, there’ll be another two girls joining you on tour. They’re both from America…I’m not sure where from, though. One’s a singer, her name is Coco Stewart, and she has her assistant, Peach Jones, accompanying her along with her manager, Tara.”

“Sounds great. Thanks, Jo.” Luke said, speaking for the first time since I had entered the room.

“And that’s not all. She has an Australian assistant joining her on your tour. She’s been especially chosen by Coco.”

“What’s her name?” Calum asked, curiously.

“My name is Alison Sloan.” Came a heart wrenchingly familiar voice from the door. “Hey Luke, Delilah. Fancy seeing you here!”

Please comment, it would really mean a lot to know that someones reading and enjoying this! xx