Chapter 35

A little look into the mind of Jules Mayer :)

YAY JULES & ASHTON DATE TIME

Song belongs to Timomatic NOT ME.

Juliana Mayer was a thrill seeker.

She looked for things that would make her pulse race and her palms sweaty.

She’d gone bungee jumping once, and couldn’t wait to go skydiving.

She liked things that made her feel dangerous, as the risks gave it an extra thrill.

She’d lost her virginity at fifteen, with a guy who made her pulse race and stir up feelings of raw excitement that no amount of rollercoasters could conjure up.

Then he’d broken her heart, and Jules had realised that maybe people were the biggest danger of all.

After all, wasn’t danger supposed to be something that scared you? Something that you tried simply for the thrill of it.

And that’s why Jules had had many boyfriends and intimate encounters. Because she was searching for another boy that made her heart race like her first boyfriend had.

And there hadn’t been any boy like him.

Until now.

Ashton was entirely different to the boy who’d first broken her heart.

Ash was blonde, he was dark-haired. Ash smiled, he had smirked. Ash laughed and was happy, he had scowled and hid his feelings under a mask of indifference.

And yet, despite the two being on polar ends of the scale, Jules found the feeling she had been searching for, for the past two years.

Ashton made her pulse race and her palms sweaty. He made those old feelings stir in her stomach.

And Jules was terrified. This was the feeling she chased with all her risk-taking activities. But this was the feeling she was most terrified to lose.

It was the easiest feeling to lose.

All Ashton had to do was leave.

But, Jules realised, as she glanced over at him talking animatedly from the driver’s seat, he wasn’t going anywhere right now.

And maybe right now was enough.

*

“Ice skating in January?” Jules asked, in pleasant disbelief. “Are you crazy?

Ashton merely laughed at her surprised expression and took her hand. “It’ll be fun!”

“Why isn’t the ice melted?” Jules demanded.

Ashton laughed at her again and she flushed. “There’s air conditioning.”

“Oh.”

Laughing, the pair strapped on their skates and hit the ice.

Jules used to do figure skating lessons when she was little, so she loved the ice, but this was Ashton’s first go.

He fell on the ice a total of four times before Jules stopped laughing and took his hand.