Chapter 62

'Ello, guys!

3 exams down and only 4 to go!!!!! :D :D :D

So as a little procrastination celebration, I wrote this l'il chapter for y'all.

NOTE: Song does NOT below to me, (I note it in there BUT) it belongs to the incredible Matt Corby. The song inspired this chapter, it's currently on repeat. I suggest that if you can, you give it a listen as you read, when it crops up :)

Hope y'all are all doing well and enjoy this chapter! :)

Dad met me when I landed.

There were a few fans scattered about, and I took my time meeting every single one of the seven of them that had come all this way to the airport to meet me.

I forced smiles for photos and I signed autographs.

I pretended to be happy when underneath I was cracking.

Dad could tell though, he could always tell.

Just like Luke.

Why don’t you shut the hell up?

He hugged me tightly and suggested the best words I’d heard all day.

“Let’s go home.”

*

My bedroom was exactly the way I had left it.

Pastel coloured, totally not me and absolutely nothing like my room in Sydney.

The walls and ceiling were a gentle cream colour, my furniture was sandy-coloured wood and my carpet was a faded lilac.

Only a few photos of Em and I and Jules and I were blu-tacked to the walls, the only signs that I even had friends.

A framed picture of my mum stood proudly on my desk amongst my school books and more books lined my bookshelf alongside little knick-knacks and photos of me and my dad.

I sighed. The room was nice, but it wasn’t home.

Now that I think of it, it had never truly been home.

Home had apple green walls and photos stuck over every inch of space. Home had a blue carpet covered in books and toys and memories. Home was tall, blue-eyed and blonde-haired.

“Stop it, Delilah.” I growled at myself. “You made this decision yourself. Now you have to accept it and move the hell on.”

But I didn’t want to.

How could I?

Before I could stop myself, I had my phone in my hand, my thumb hovering over Luke’s number.

You can’t say shit like that over a phone call

What was I planning to say anyway?

I’m sorry?

This was a mistake?

I love you?

Put the phone down

I plugged my phone into the dock and selected the music icon, allowing Ed Sheeran’s melodious rasp to murmur through my room.

I sat on my bed without unpacking my luggage and waited for the tears to come.