Chapter 33

Thank you all SO MUCH for all your beautiful comments!

They seriously make my day and I am SO HAPPY that you're enjoying reading this story as much as I'm enjoying writing it!

However, we are far from over my lovlies! So prepare for the beginning of the drama....because life in fame without drama, is hardly life in fame at all ;)

That was deep, right? lol :P

ENJOY! 

There was something different, when I came back to consciousness.

I felt rested, not as exhausted as I usually did in the mornings.

I was curled into a ball, which was normal.

But the arm thrown loosely around my waist was not.

I choked on my breath, until it all came rushing back to me.

I was in Luke’s bed, I’d gone to sleep with Luke singing softly to me.

And I hadn’t had any…

“No nightmares.” Luke whispered, gently stroking my arm.

“Mm.” I mumbled. “Weird.”

“Guess this works then.”

“Uh huh.”

Luke chuckled. “Are you always this articulate in the morning?”

“Shut up.”

We lay there in comfortable silence for a few more minutes before Luke kissed my temple. “Come on, time to face the world.”

I groaned, hauling myself into a sitting position and banging my head on the top of the bunk.

“Ow.” I moaned.

Luke laughed. Asshole.

“Stop laughing. I think I have brain damage.”

“I could have told you that.”

“You’re an asshole.” I grumbled and unzipped the canvas, glancing around for signs of life.

No one was around.

I clambered out and stretched.

Luke got out behind me and yawned, making his way to the kitchen.

“What time is it?” I asked.

“Ten.”

“Ten?” My eyes widened. I’d slept for ages. “Is everyone else up?”

“Up and enjoying the day!” Em sang, throwing the front door open and poking her head inside. “So hurry up and join us!”

“Us?” I asked, accepting the toast Luke handed me. “Aren’t Jules and Ashton on their date yet?”

“He’s taking her out in an hour.” Em explained. “So what I meant by ‘join us’ was Luke get out of here and Del it’s girl-time!”

Luke laughed, holding his hands up in surrender. “Ok, ok. Just let me get dressed.”

He grabbed some clothes and went into the bathroom, reappearing a few moments later wearing a penguin singlet and shorts. “See you girls later then.”

“Bye!” We chorused.

The second he left, Jules and Stella raced through the door.

“What was that?” Jules demanded, throwing herself on the couch. “Tell us everything!”

“What was what?” I asked, confused.

“Don’t play clueless with us!” Em scolded. “You and Luke!”

“Oh.” I blushed and took a bite of toast.

“You’re killing us, Del!” Stella pleaded.

“It’s really nothing.” I shrugged. “I was having nightmares again, and Luke suggested maybe we sleep together…not like that!” I hurried, at their suggestive smirks. “Just, y’know. In the same bed.”

“Did it work?” Jules wanted to know.

“Yeah.” I felt a small smile grow on my lips. “Yeah, it did.”

Jules gave me a soft smile. She knew about the nightmares, and how horrible they got.

“Alright, Em’s turn.” Stella announced. “Your date night. Go.”

“It was amazing.” Em gushed. “He set up dinner on the stage, on a table with roses. We talked and talked. Then he sang me Little Things, by One Direction.”

“Awwwww!” We chorused, as Em blushed.

“Now you, Stel!” Em said. “What was it like?”

Stella shrugged, fiddling with her bracelet. “Perfect.”

“Did it…” Jules began.

I wrinkled my nose. “Please not the intimate details.”

They all laughed at me.

“Let’s get Jules ready then.” Said a red-faced Stella.

Jules ended up wearing a white shirt with a round, lace neck and short sleeves tucked into high-waisted, loose black shorts studded with dull gold on the sides and black military boots.

“You look gorgeous.” Stella gushed, her eyes bright.

“Yeah, yeah. Don’t go all mushy on me. It’s not my first date.” Jules chuckled.

But we locked eyes and I understood.

It was the first date that had really meant something to her in a long time.

I just smiled loosely. “Go have fun, J.”

She smiled genuinely. “No serenade, Del?”

“Oh, get lost.”

Laughing, Jules raced out of the bus.

Peering out the window, I watched her stop shyly when she saw Ashton, take his offered hand and get into his car.

Still smiling, I hurried into the bathroom to shower and change.

I washed my hair, reveling in the peach-coconut scent.

I frowned at the water dripping from my hair, pinky-red from the dye on the bottom half.

I should get that taken out.

I could get it taken out today.

Brightening at this thought I got out of the shower and dressed quickly, drying my hair with a dark towel.

Smiling ruefully at myself in the mirror, I shook my head. This hope, this happiness I was feeling was beyond weird.

I attributed the feeling of happiness to Luke, he’d always been the sunny personality that lit up my day.

I could never tell him that though, that would be beyond cheesy.

Rolling my eyes, I assessed my outfit. A black ACDC t-shirt with ripped sleeves and the band’s faces on the front was tucked into my high-waisted distressed blue shorts and I tugged on some white socks and red Vans.

I burst back into the main area with a sunny grin, only for it to drop with my mood when I saw who was there.