Chapter 24

I'm so sorry it's been so long guys!!!! THANK YOU to all who have stuck with me, read the story, followed me, favourited HTD & commented! I'm so so so sorry it's been so long! My major exams are these next few weeks and so I have been studying like a crazy person. But I took a breath & finished this chapter for y'all.

I don't own the song; that belongs solely to One Direction and their people. 

It's pretty long; so I hope you forgive me!!!!!!!!

Enjoy!!! xoxoxox

I woke up to the sun streaming onto my face.

Since I was supposed to be zipped into a bunk bed, that fact seemed a little odd.

Also my pillow was a little less soft than normal.

Tiredly, I blinked my eyes open to see that my pillow was no other than Luke Hemmings’ t-shirt clad but totally toned chest.

Oh gosh, what have I done?

One night of weakness and I’ve let in my ex-best-friend into my heart again. I should just accept that he’s going to be in my life for a while, but my heart is resistant.

I allowed myself to watch his face for a moment. It was peaceful in sleep, his blue eyes closed to the world, his lashes brushing the tops of his cheekbones and a small half smile lingering on his lips.

His legs were propped up on the coffee table and his head was resting back against the back of the couch. I hadn’t seen him looking this comfortable and happy before the Alison years.

I felt like I was intruding on his personal moment. He looked so young and innocent. Like everything was ok.  But it wasn’t.

Looking back, maybe this was the moment that it began to go wrong. Maybe I was setting myself up for failure with my response to the situation. Maybe I was unconsciously choosing my path before it had even begun.

Silently, I lifted my head from his chest and moved fluidly to my feet.

Holding my breath, I glanced at Luke one more time to make sure he was asleep.

He was so beautiful.

I mentally slapped myself.

Oh no you don’t, Delilah Cook. I scolded myself, walking swiftly into the bright sunlight.

To my surprise, Emilia was waiting for me, a knowing grin on her face.

I blushed bright red, my gaze drifting down to my baggy t-shirt, shorts and barefoot state, the clothes I’d gone to sleep in last night.

“Have a nice sleep?” Em teased.

“Shut up.” I mumbled.

She laughed, looping an arm through mine. “We’re having a girls day.”

“But I need to get dressed!” I protested as she dragged me along. I winced as my toes stubbed on the loose gravel. “Ouch!”

“Don’t be a baby.” Em scolded.

“Easy for you to say.” I muttered, eyeing her fluro-pink-Van clad feet.

“We have clothes for you.” Em opened the stage door and pushed me inside.