Chapter 27

Not overly happy with this chapter; it's more of a filler than anything. A reason to get from point A to point B without confusing y'all.

Anyway, I promise it will pick up soon :)

x

“Will you help me get ready?” Stella asked, biting her lip.

“Stel, you’ve gone out on heaps of dates with Michael! Don’t worry like a girl on her first date.” Jules teased.

“But this one is special!” Stella insisted.

I raised an eyebrow. “How?”

Stella blushed furiously. “I want to…you know. I mean, we’ve been talking about it for a while now, and I know he’s been thinking about it. And now we’re away from our parents, and now we’re in Darwin, and it just seems like the right time, y’know?”

“That sounds so romantic!” Em gushed

“Wait.” I frowned. “What are you talking about?”

Jules laughed, throwing an arm around my shoulders. “Delilah, you darling little innocent one. Sex.”

“Oh.” I blushed nearly as brightly as Stella.

They laughed at me and I scowled. “Shut up. No one ever had the sex talk with me.”

“My mum would be happy to share.” Jules snickered. “Or I can tell you in the exact manner that she would.”

“I’m right. But thanks anyway.” They laughed again and I rolled my eyes, my cheeks still red. “Can we just choose her an outfit already?”

So we did. And it took hours. Clothes were not my forte, so it wasn’t long until I’d flopped onto the bed and took up watching instead of digging through Stella’s, Jules’ and Em’s suitcases in search of the perfect outfit.

“Perfect.” Jules murmured, finally.

“It’s only been three hours.” I said, sarcastically, dragging myself into a sitting position. Then my jaw dropped. “Wow, Stel.”

The bodice of her dress was black and strapless with a sweetheart neckline alternated in royal blue and black with a sheer black overlay on the stripes of black. Her tiny feet were adorned in black bejeweled flats. A gold necklace with a diamond heart pendant rested in the hollow of her throat and black pearls shone in her ears.

Her honey-coloured hair was curled, tumbling perfectly down her shoulders.

Stella blushed. “Do I look ok?”

“Babe, you look much better than ok.” Em said.

“You look amazing!” I gaped.

“I’d do you.” Jules winked.

I looked at her sideways and we all burst into laughter.

“What’s so funny?” The bus door burst open and the 5SOS boys marched in. Calum was wearing his teasing grin, leading me to think it was he who had spoken.

Stella squealed and hid behind Jules. Em and I got to our feet and stood protectively beside Jules so no bit of Stella’s outfit could be seen.

“What’s going on?” Michael demanded, raising an eyebrow. “Why are you hiding my girlfriend from me?”