Chapter 40

HELLO MY FELLOW 5SOS-IANS :D (I quite liked that name, hm)

THIS IS WHERE THE DRAMA BEGINS MWAHAHA

I've actually partially (in a very scattered form) written/noted/planned/plotted the rest of the story from here on out! And it gets better (hopefully) hahaha

I don't particularly like how I ended this one, but it needed to be done somehow so meh, it will only get better :D

PS-song belongs to T-Swizzle (as usual, I'm not very various.)

ENJOY

Finally, it was out there.

The words that had been sitting heavily down on my chest for days had lifted and the truth was out.

And he liked me back.

It made me suspicious.

I wasn’t the girl that guys liked like that. I was the girl that got screwed over. History had proved this. Twice.

Because what kind of world, where everything else has gone wrong, has this kind of perfection?

Speaking from experience, things don’t generally go right in my life, and recently they’ve been amazing.

I was waiting for the bad to come and ruin all the good.

Because after an incredible time comes the inevitable horrible ending, right?

But so far, it hasn’t.

The others had all been busy or asleep when we finally got back to the bus and trundled off to Perth.

I needed advice from my girls, my mind running a mile a minute.

Luke was fast asleep, his arm laying loosely over my waist.

I spared a moment to look at him and a small smile spread across my face.

He looked so peaceful asleep. His face relaxed, his eyelashes brushing his cheekbones and his breathing even. He was beautiful. And he liked me.

But then the doubts crept in.

The thing about Luke was that he wasn’t perfect. He had his flaws and I had mine. But while I’d lost that shred of goodness in stupid decisions, Luke was still good. He was still unmarred by the scars of self-hate and hate from others, disgust and fear. He was beautiful and if he was ruined in any way, it would be all my fault.

“You’re too good for me.” I whispered, touching his cheek lightly.

He only smiled in his slumber and curled up into a ball, disentangling his arms from me.

The sign couldn’t have been any clearer.

I quietly unzipped the canvas and slunk into the sleeping tour bus. I’d memorised where Jules, Em and Stella’s beds were and I poked them all until they’d woken up.

When they’d grumbled and yawned their way to the couches, I drew the curtain, cutting off the sleeping area.

“Care to share why you woke us all up at some ungodly hour of the morning?” Jules growled.