Chapter 34

Second installment of the day! Yayyyy :D

Enjoy & all that jazz :D

Alison’s face fell into a scowl when she caught sight of me.

She stood up, leaving Luke sitting on the couch where she had previously been sitting very close to him, and folded her arms, smiling at me with all the coldness she could possibly manage without freezing her face off.

“You have a signing today.” Alison said, raising an eyebrow. “At twelve. Maybe you want to get ready?”

“I am ready.” I growled.

“Oh.” Alison smirked. “Changed, then?”

I rolled my eyes. “Your insults are pathetic.”

Her eyes hardened, going icy. “No need to be rude. Just trying to help.”

I spat out a laugh. “Yeah, sure. Like hell you are.”

“Joanna is waiting for you.” She said, through clenched teeth.

Em got to her feet, elbowing Alison slightly as she pushed past. “I’ll go with you, Del.”

“Me too.” Stella added, frowning at Alison in unveiled contempt.

“Thanks, guys.” I muttered, collecting my phone from the kitchen counter and putting it in my pocket.

“Better hope I don’t tell Joanna that Julianna is shirking her duties.” Alison called after me.

I whipped around, a snarl on my lips. “She’s not shirking anything.”

Alison shrugged, a malicious glint in her eyes. “Then she has nothing to worry about.”

I stormed outside, Em and Stella in tow.

“She makes me so angry.” I growled, when we reached the front of the theatre. “Furious.”

“Calm down, Del.” Stella whispered, placing a soothing hand on my shoulder. “You need to be happy now, for the fans.”

“Smile.” Em reminded me, through one of her own.

So I forced a smile as I got into Jo’s car and we raced down the roads to the big shopping centre where I would spend my morning meeting and greeting my fans, signing autographs and taking photos.

It was my dream, and honestly I was so thrilled to meet the people that made it happen.

But my heart still ached when I thought of Luke left behind with Alison.

And I hated that it did.

*

“Wow.” Em said, her mouth agape. “That was crazy.”

“That was insane!” I exclaimed, putting my head in my hands. “They wanted to see me! Get my autograph! Take a photo with me! There were so many!”

Stella laughed. She was a pro at handling the fans, having been a girlfriend of the band for eight months and attending numerous signings and meet & greets. “It’s pretty awesome, huh?”

“Damn straight.” I breathed.

Jo grinned at me, spinning around from her front seat. “Lunch time?”