Chapter 57

This one is pretty sad so prepare the tissues :'(

NOTE: swearing and references to drugs. 

Love you all and THANK YOU for your sweet comments!!! I'm so happy you're enjoying my little old story!! x

I woke up before everyone else, not having gotten more than two hours of sleep anyway.

I dressed in running clothes and took off, my sneakered feet slapping the footpath in the dove grey dawn.

The sun was rising before I wanted it to, but the others were still obliviously asleep when I re-entered the bus.

Tonight was the last concert we’d ever do on this tour.

It was supposed to be crazy, the most fun and loud concert on the whole tour.

But instead, there was fury, silence and blame.

I showered quickly and dressed in a simple denim shorts, Vans and loose white t-shirt ensemble.

I put on some makeup and tugged my hair into a ponytail, letting a few strands curl around my face.

With a heavy sigh, I walked back out to see everyone sitting on the couches in their pajamas chatting softly around their breakfasts of toast and cereal.

It fell silent when they saw me.

I swallowed, hard. I was torn whether to start explaining or just ignore them all.

Their gazes were all locked on mine with varying expressions.

I picked out a few.

Hurt.

Disgust.

Anger.

Sympathy.

So no one believed me here. No one trusted me; no one wanted to hear my side of the story.

Hurt put me on the defensive.

“So it’s the silent treatment, huh?” I said, flatly, taking an apple from the fruit bowl. “Real mature.”

“Don’t talk to us about mature.” Jules said, sharply.

I raised an eyebrow. “Says the one who’s already unfollowed my Twitter.”

Jules’ pale cheeks flushed red. “That’s none of your business.”

I nodded slowly. “Apparently not.”

“Can we do this another time?” Ashton broke in, obviously trying to relieve some of the tension. “We need to clean the bus.”

“Make Delilah do it.” Jules shot out. “She’s good at doing the dirty, aren’t you?”

I snapped. “Shut the hell up! You don’t know anything!”

“About cheating? No, but you clearly do.”

“Enough!” Em shouted, getting to her feet. “Back off, both of you!”

I shook my head, stepping backwards. “I can’t believe after fifteen years of friendship, you still won’t even let me explain.”

“I know what I saw!” Jules snarled.

“You know what you thought you saw.” I replied, coolly. “But that doesn’t mean it was right.”