Chapter 29

A THIRD PART TO THIS STORY TODAY ASJDMNERBSFJH

Love me.

Anyway, today is my first day off in like months so what do I do? sleep for most of it. and then write. 

And I'm not going to lie to you, this is seriously short. Like a page short. But I thought it was a sweet, and something I wanted to put in. Therefore it's here.

This may make some people uncomfortable, so I apologise if this is you. But it is not graphic in the slightest :)

x

Stella Cole was nervous. She didn’t usually get nervous, and she was never nervous around her boyfriend. But usually, Stella wasn’t planning on making an announcement that would change her forever.

She glanced at her suitcase, reminding herself that Jules had slipped some condoms in there earlier that afternoon.

“You ok, Stel?” Michael asked, chuckling when Stella whipped her head around to face him. “You’ve barely spoken a word since we got in here.”

“No, no. I mean yes. Yes.” Stella gave a strained giggle. “I’m fine.”

Michael frowned. “What’s wrong, baby?”

“Nothing!” Stella shot back, too quickly.

Michael put his drink back on the table and scooted closer to his blushing girlfriend. “Stel, you can tell me anything.”

“I know! I just…oh!” Stella dropped her face in her hands with a small sound of frustration.

Now Michael was worried. “Stella?”

When she lifted her head, her cheeks were flaming and her eyes were wet. “I’m so sorry! I wanted this to be special! I’m just so embarrassed!”

“Why?” Mike smoothed the skin under her eyes.

A small smile crept over Stella’s lips and she dropped her hands in her lap. “I’m ready.”

“Ready for what?” Mike asked, confused.

Stella merely cocked her head and gave him a tiny smile, shifting the material of her dress off her right shoulder.

Michael swallowed, the tips of his ears going red. “Oh.”

“I love you, Michael Clifford. And I’m ready.”

Slowly, a smile slid across Mike’s face. “I love you, Stella.”

And he leaned forward across the couch and kissed her sweetly.

*

There are not many things that the world would allow to be described as perfection.

But that night, for two people, everything was perfect.

The way his hands held her so gently, like she was made of glass and so, so special.

The way she whispered his name, like it was the most precious word in the world.

The way their small talk slowly got swallowed up by kisses, punctuated every now and then by gentle laughter.

And slowly, so slowly, more clothes ended up on the floor and they ended up in his bed.

It was magical. Like all of her dreams had come true, just with that one guy and the justification that she was his world.

“I love you, I love you.” He murmured when they finally lay still and panting.

She pressed a kiss to his bare chest and rested her head on it, closing her eyes.

He zipped up the canvas to his bunk and then played absentmindedly with her hair, humming softly until sleep claimed both of them.