Chapter 60

Alright, let's just take a minute to acknowledge the fact that while I said I was too busy to write and update due to exams....I did it anyway.

But this chapter was just begging to be written and I couldn't ignore it (French be damned!) 

And I only have about 3-4 chapters left of HTD forever :(

NOTE: Song does NOT belong to me (lol, when do they ever?) this one belongs to The Fray (I know, I'm breaking out of the T pattern, aren't I?)

Anyway, hope you enjoy!!!!! x

I was fully packed up and sorted out by eight-thirty am.

I was dressed practically for both the concert and the plane, my hair was down but I had a hair-tie for later and I had done my makeup.

I was sitting at the table, but my stomach was too tied up in knots to eat. I stared at my phone blankly, as though it would give me some guidance.

“You always were an early riser.”

I raised my head at the familiar chuckle, my gaze meeting the eyes of the newly dark-haired Michael.

A small smile flitted across my lips. “You weren’t.”

He grinned goofily. “I like to sleep.”

“I am well aware.”

I watched in amazement as he made himself a bowl of cereal and sat down at the small table opposite me.

First acknowledgment, then banter and now this?

Michael noticed my stare and looked at me. “What?”

“Why are you talking to me?” I asked, bluntly.

He sighed, setting down his spoon and leaning back in his chair. “I’m sorry for ignoring you, Del.”

I raised an eyebrow. “I can’t say I didn’t deserve it.”

And there we go with the self-loathing and corruption.

Mike shook his head, running a hand through his tousled locks. “But you didn’t.”

I shrugged. “It’s ok.”

No, it’s not.

“No, it’s not.” Michael echoed my thoughts with a pained gaze of his own. “It’s not ok, Delilah. But you have to know…you really hurt him.”

I bit my lip, returning my eyes to the table. “I know. It was a mistake and I didn’t mean for it to happen, nor want it to happen. It just did and I ruined everything. It’s my fault, Mike. I get it.”

And I was tempted, so tempted, to give in to his sad gaze and tell him of my plan to run. To get him to tell Luke, to get him to stop me.

But I couldn’t. I was just dragging out this pain for everyone, being selfish. If I’d had even a bit of sense or bravery, I would have blocked Luke out a long time ago and saved him from all this heartbreak.

“I shouldn’t have done this tour.” I said, and the words were soft. “All I’ve done is hurt people, Mikey. I shouldn’t have come.”

The words hit me like a ton of bricks and I flinched at them.