Chapter 16

Another new chapter! whewww!!!!!  
Please note that the songs here DO NOT belong to me at all.

The first one is Blah Blah Blah by Ke$ha and the second is Just Give Me A Reason by P!NK ft. Nate Ruess.
Enjoy!!!!

 “Thank you Adelaide!” The 5SOS boys cheered, waving manically at the screaming crowd. “We’ve had a blast!”

I grinned at the raise in the sound level. These girls were truly insane for the 5SOS boys.

They all slowly made their way off stage amidst the cheering.

“I think they get crazier every concert.” Michael admitted, slicking his newly darkened hair off his sweaty forehead.

“Agreed.” Ashton chuckled, sticking his drumsticks into a pocket and swigging back half a bottle of water in one gulp.

“It’s amazing.” Calum said, the smile never leaving his face. “Just amazing.”

“I can’t believe we made it this far.” Luke agreed, his incredible smile crossing his face.

Then I stepped out from behind the curtain. “Hey guys.”

They all stopped chattering and looked at me awkwardly.

I sighed, folding my arms around myself. “I just wanted to say sorry. I shouldn’t have run out on everyone today. I didn’t do it deliberately, I just didn’t think.”

“Don’t stress, Delilah.” Ashton smiled. “It’s partly our fault.”

“Thanks, Ash.” I offered him a tentative smile.

They chorused their apologies, and I noticed that Luke’s eyes never left the ground.

I ignored the pang that brought to my heart and turned to Calum with a mischievous smile.

“Delilah?” He asked, nervously.

Then his protests were muffled when I wrapped my arms around him tightly in a massive hug. “I’m so proud of you!”

“Wh-what? Why?”

I leaned closer to his ear and whispered the answer. “Em’s really happy.”

Calum blushed slightly. “Really?”

“I haven’t seen her like that in a long time.” I released the sweaty boy and smiled. “Thank you.”

“It’s really my pleasure.” Calum smiled shyly.

I smiled back and hugged Michael and Ash in a fit of happiness.

Calum, Ashton and Michael were all laughing at my antics when I turned to Luke and suddenly, their laughter was muted to my ears.

Ridiculous as it sounds, all I could see was Luke looking at me with his big blue eyes, his forehead shiny with sweat and his hair sticking up in all directions.

He gave me a teasing grin, but I could see the layer of anxiousness behind it, and opened his arms for a hug.

He was afraid I’d reject him. Instead, I stepped forward and let myself into his arms. They closed around my waist and I pressed my cheek to his shoulder.

The hug only lasted for a few seconds, but when he released me from his arms, it felt as though an eternity had passed.

My heart was pounding in a way it hadn’t for years, and it unsettled me. I swallowed hard, forcing a smile to match the one on Luke’s face.