Chapter 52

I am so so so so so unbelieveably sorry that it's taken me SO LONG to update!!!!!!

Honestly; I feel absolutely terrible!

Life has been frantic lately and I barely had time to sleep let alone write!

I hope you all can forgive me and THANK YOU for sticking with this story!!! 

I LOVE Y'ALL <3 <3 <3

“Luke, I’m better. I promise!” I protested, scowling at the blonde haired boy who had leveled his own glare back at me. “The hospital wouldn’t have let me leave if I wasn’t.”

“You’re better than you were before but you’re not fully well, yet.” Luke insisted. “I know you hate hospitals, but maybe if you just stayed with your dad for a while…or didn’t perform…”

“No, Luke. I discussed this with my dad. He said I could come! I can make my own decisions! You’re my boyfriend, not my keeper!”

Luke’s face was set with frustration. “Damn it, Delilah! I just want you to get well again.”

I felt my face soften slightly. I knew he was just concerned for my wellbeing, but it was really frustrating to be told no by someone who didn’t really have the right to. Even if I knew it was only because he worried about me.

Luke noticed and used it to his advantage. Typical.

“Del.” Luke came forward to hold my shoulders. “You’re exhausted. The second we got out of the hospital, you were shaking. Meeting the fans made it worse. I don’t want it to get any worse.”

I frowned at him. “Luke, I promise I’m fine. I won’t over-exert myself.”

Luke clenched his jaw but reluctantly sighed in acceptance.

Offering his arm to me, we walked along the asphalt runway, the hot summer winds buffeting against us, whipping my ponytail into frenzy.

I felt nerves sicken my stomach.

Wind meant turbulence.

I didn’t like turbulence.

“It’ll be fine, Del.” Luke noticed me gnawing on my lip. “Promise.”

“You can promise me a lot of things, Luke Hemmings, but you can’t control the weather.” I grumbled.

“But I can promise that I’ll take care of you.”

Luke stayed true to his word, lending me one of his earphones and letting me doze against his chest, the husky tones of one of U2 caressing my ear.

“I’ll always take care of you.” Luke whispered, dragging his fingers through my hair.

I wanted to reply, but I was already half asleep.

*

“I’m fine!” I snapped, not for the first time and not to the first person either.

I put my head into my hands and held back a shout of frustration.

Ever since I’d stepped off the plane into Sydney, I’d been treated like glass.

Like I was fragile. Breakable.

All I wanted was a sense of normalcy.

I wanted to feel comfortable and part of the family we’d created again.