Chapter 38

Dramaramaramaramarama!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

PS-Song does NOT belong to me, it belongs to Taylor Swift and her homies

I hated feeling too many emotions, and Luke’s words this morning had left me totally overwhelmed for the rest of the day.

Every time I was around Luke he just brought so many feelings with him, feelings that I loved, feelings that I was terrified of, feelings that stirred in my stomach and fluttered in my chest, and made my palms sweaty and my heart race a million miles a minute.

And even as I wanted them to go away, I wanted more.

Since Mum’s death, my entire life had been about feeling something to pull me away from the numbness and the pain. And when I realised I was going about that the wrong, and dangerous, way, I changed my tune and shut out feelings altogether, until it came to my music.

I was left to wonder.

If Luke hadn’t broken my heart, if Luke hadn’t let me go, if Luke hadn’t dated Alison…and if I hadn’t been so stupid about the whole thing, would my life be completely different? Sane, almost? Happy?

With a sigh, I began to stroke my fingers down the guitar strings. I was seated on the edge of the Lynch Hall stage, my legs dangling into the mosh pit below, my hair dripping water down my back and my eyes unfocused on the empty rows of seats in front of me.

I hummed along to a tune I was playing with, messing around with chords on the guitar and singing a few random words.

“Earth to Delilah!” A familiar voice drawled.

I darted out of my thoughts and grinned sheepishly at Ollie, who was smiling at me affectionately with one eyebrow raised at the other end of the stage.

“Sorry, Ol. Zoned out.”

“What’s on your mind?”

“Nothing.” I sighed. “Ok, something. But I don’t want to talk about it.”

He shrugged and loped over to sit beside me. “Ok. What were you playing?”

I half-smiled. “Just something I’ve been messing around with.”

“It sounded good.”

“Thanks.”

We sat there comfortably for a few moments, the sounds on my guitar filling the silence.

“Can I play you something?” I asked, nervously.

“Of course.” Ollie grinned at me, pulling his legs up to sit cross-legged facing me.

I took a deep breath, knowing (and terrified) that I was about to let some of my greatest thoughts about Luke loose, tangible in a way that couldn’t be taken back.

I see your face in my mind as I drive away,

Cause none of us thought it was gonna end that way.

People are people,

And sometimes we change our minds.

But it's killing me to see you go after all this time.