Chapter 55

It wasn't as long  a wait this time, eh? yayyyyy :D

As usual, the song belongs to the talented T-Swiz

Enjoy! Not too many more chapters left to go of HTD now :'(

It’s a strange feeling, really. Knowing that you’ve lost everything.

I’d lost Luke’s trust; I’d lost Jules’ friendship.

I just felt empty. Hollow. Like there was nothing inside of me.

I had no missed calls, no texts.

Jules and Luke were probably back in the bus, discussing everything that had happened.

I could picture it perfectly, Luke’s hurt expression burnt into my memory forever.

Jules’ words, too, were stuck in my brain, repeating over and over.

She was right on the side-taking.

Of course the boys would side with Luke, and Stella too. Em would try to side with me and in doing so, lose the best guy who ever entered her life. And Jules…well. Jules had made it perfectly clear she was done with me.

I scrolled through my contacts list, biting my lip harder every time I saw someone I couldn’t call.

Jules.

Luke.

Em.

Calum.

Stella.

Mike.

Ashton.

Ollie.

Jo.

Laurie.

I lingered over Dad before scrolling past, unable to face him just yet.

I tasted blood in my mouth and released my lower lip.

A familiar name caught my eye and I took a deep breath before pressing the call button.

It rang for a tense few seconds before the beeping stopped and a crackly answer echoed in my ear. "Hello?"

“Hi, it’s Delilah. I’m in Hyde Park. Are you able to come over?”

*

Christian was at the park in twenty minutes.

He saw me immediately and ran over, enveloping me in a huge hug.

“You’re taller than me now.” I laughed, tearfully.

“Yeah, yeah. No yeti jokes please.” Christian teased and ruffled my hair. Then his face turned serious as he pulled away. “What happened?”

We sat down in the shade of a big tree and I curled my knees up to my chest, taking a deep breath to prepare myself.

I told him of all the days events, mentioning Luke’s dislike of Ollie’s and my friendship, and how I had honestly thought it was only a friendship.

“I’ve really screwed things up.” I finished quietly, tears still drying on my cheeks. “I ruined everything.”

“Maybe not everything.” Christian said, hesitantly. “They just need some time. It was a shock after all. Once they’re over the shock, they’ll be more ready to listen to you.”