Chapter 58

We're nearing the end and it makes me so sad! :'(

On the flipside; I don't even know if any one reads these notes anymore lol but I went to the 5SOS/1D concert for the second time 2 nights ago and OMG it was epic!!! Message me for more fangirling ;) jokes lol, don't have to XD

Song in this DOES NOT belong to me!!!! It belongs to Pixie Lott (I know, not Swiftie, how strange) and was suggested to me by one of my gorgeous readers so thank you!!!

Enjoy!!! x

I sat nervously in Jo’s makeshift office, waiting for her to reappear.

I tapped my foot in time with the ticking of the clock that tilted on her desk.

“Sorry, sorry!” Jo whirled into the room and shut the door behind her. “I got held up with Stanley, sorting out details for tonight.”

Stanley was the manager of the Factory Hall, Sydney.

“What did you need to see me for, Jo?” I asked, quietly.

“Well!” Jo looked pleased with herself as she ruffled her sleek bob. “I’ve arranged for an impromptu concert to be played tomorrow in Hyde Park! Ending where we began! Isn’t that exciting?”

The blood drained from my face. “Um…wow. That’s unexpected.”

She looked closely at me. “What happened?”

I bit my lip.

“I made a mistake and now everyone hates me and I’ve booked a flight back home for tonight.” I blurted, stringing the words along together, to form a gibberish sentence.

But somehow Jo made sense of it.

Then she surprised me, hugging me tightly. “We all make mistakes, Del. It’s part of life. But you can’t run from them.”

“I have to.” I shook my head slowly. “I need a fresh start. One without the boys and the other girls. I need to free myself from my past and just be me!”

Jo smiled at me. “You’re right.”

“I am?”

“But promise me this. I am still your manager.”

I flung myself into her arms again. “Of course!”

Jo chuckled. “Well, we need to sort some things out. Coco’s flying back to America tonight after her set, so that’s all sorted. There’ll be some kind of bash tonight, Fry has offered us the use of his apartment here, for all the crew and bands to attend. And tomorrow, unfortunately, is necessary. It’ll be a nice touch, the closure you need. What do you say, Del?”

I gave her a watery smile. “You’re the best.”

“Don’t I know it!” Jo winked. “Now, let’s arrange those flights, hm? Straight back to Melbourne at say…two thirty pm? Your set will be at eleven-thirty, so there’s plenty of time for you to leave quickly after that and still make it on time…”

*

I couldn’t help but cry when I saw Lora for the very last time.

“Don’t be silly, pet.” Lora said, but she was sniffling too.