Chapter 46

Another update yayyyyyyyy :D

And this one is just full of wonderful dramatics mwahaha

Song belongs to T-Swizzle and her home dawgs

Love all of y'all who've read/voted/commented....you're all perfect human beings and I adore you

As much as I didn’t want to admit it, I was hiding.

Alison had given me the death glare this morning when we all went out for breakfast, and I was freaking out, too stressed with my own problems to deal with her crap too.

I’d gotten a right scolding from Jo this morning, one so stern I almost broke down in tears.

But, trying to be a professional, I didn’t.

Jo was impressed, and told me so before I left.

And now I was here, hiding out in the audience seats with Ollie and my guitar.

I didn’t get why Luke didn’t like me hanging out with Ollie. We were just mates, and he was part of my band, therefore I needed him.

We were practicing a few songs I wanted to perform tonight.

“That’s sounding good.” Luke’s voice echoed from behind me.

I turned to face him with an apologetic smile. “Thanks.”

He came up to me and put his arm protectively around my shoulders.

“I’ll be heading off.” Ollie said, ignoring the stony look Luke was giving him.

He waved goodbye and then left, leaving Luke and I alone in the arena.

“I’m sorry.” I began. “I know you don’t like me hanging out with Ollie, but we really needed to work on tonight’s set…”

“Hey, Del. It’s ok. I trust you.” Luke cut me off with a quick kiss on the lips.

“But why not before then?”

“Because you weren’t my girl before.” Luke flicked my nose and sat down beside me, pulling me onto his lap. “I didn’t think you’d choose me.”

I laughed, tugging my guitar onto my lap. “I’d always choose you.”

Luke’s long hands enclosed over mine, guiding them to the chords and the strings.

We started playing Beside You, and I closed my eyes, letting Luke’s hands guide mine as I just enjoyed the music.

“What are we gonna do when the tour finishes?” I asked, swallowing and opening my eyes.

The music stopped, Luke’s hands curling over mine into two fists. “I don’t know.”

“Jo wants me to move to Sydney.” I confessed. “But I don’t know how Dad would feel about it.”

“Fair enough.” Luke nodded, pressing a kiss to my knuckles. “I wish you would move back, though.”

“I’ll miss you.” I said, softly.

“I’ll miss you.” Luke repeated, the words thick with meaning. “I’ve lost you once, Del. I’m not going to do it again. Just because we’re physically apart doesn’t mean that we’re not close or together.”