Chapter 18

GUYS. IT WAS LESS THAN A MONTH THIS TIME. LOVE ME <3

Basically, everything now is rolling. (ROLLING IN THE DEEEEEEEEEEEEP) I have my timeline sorted & things are picking up pace & it is gonna be AWESOME. hopefully. I haven't finished writing it...I'm one of those people who writes when they feel the need and then posts without editing (I'm sorry, I'm sorry, don't kill me!) 

So.....the point of this ramble was to say a massive MASSIVE thank you to all my followers, fanners, commenters, voters, supporters, readers etc etc etc...EVERYONE!!!!! Y'all are all INCREDIBLY AMAZING & I adore you all!!!!!

ENJOY THE CHAPTER *lalalalalalala* enter the beginning of the drama!

“Happy birthday, darling.”

“Thanks, Dad.” I smiled, even though he couldn’t see it. Tears filled my eyes and my throat ached with trying to hold them back. “I miss you.”

“I miss you too! Are you having a good time out there? Everyone being nice to you?”

“Yeah, they spoilt me today with all their presents.” Absently, I put my hand to the necklace Luke had given me earlier and I stroked it. “I’m having an amazing time, Dad. It’s a dream come true.”

“That’s wonderful, Del. Your mum would be so proud of you.” I heard him choke up a little and my own eyes burned slightly with the tears I knew I wouldn’t shed.

I was so done with crying.

“Thanks, Dad.”

“What have you got planned for today?”

“Not much. The fans for the boys are pretty crazy here, they’re not letting us leave the theatre place!”

Dad laughed his booming laugh. “Sounds like fun. Well…damn it.”

“What’s wrong?”

He sighed. “They just need me in for work earlier than I expected. I’m going to have to run. Sorry, sweetheart. Have a wonderful birthday.”

“Thanks, Dad. Have a nice day! I love you.”

“I love you too.”

We disconnected and I sighed deeply, lying back on the stage and staring at the high ceiling. I wondered if Dad had realised my independence and if he resented or liked it.

Sometimes it was hard to be a daughter.

“Are you starfishing?”

I blinked my eyes open, unaware that they’d even closed, and stared into Luke’s amused eyes. “Huh?”

“Starfishing. Remember?”

I had to think for a second.

“Oh my gosh, yes!” I exclaimed, with a joyful laugh. “At the beach! We’d lie like stars and squeak and when our parents asked what we were doing…”

“We said we were starfishing!” Luke finished, with a chuckle. “Damn. How do we remember all this stuff?”

I raised myself into a sitting position and shrugged aimlessly. “They were some pretty significant years.”