Chapter 37

I love this chapter :D :D :D

And thank you all again for your continual, awesome support!!

Let’s get this straight; I don’t wear bikinis.

Sure, I had packed one for the tour, but only at my dad’s insistence. I didn’t want to wear it.

Bikinis show too much skin that I was scared to share. They showed off the small red scars on my hips that other clothes covered.

Jules and Em knew, but they were oddly oblivious to the knowledge, happy to slip off into the pool with their respective…I don’t know what to call them. Dates? Boyfriends? Ashton and Calum anyway.

We made it to the swimming pool in record time and changed in the bathrooms.

Em, Jules and Stella didn’t notice my slowness in getting ready, or my reluctance to do it in front of them.

It was the first time that Em and Jules had forgotten my predicament, the fact that anything had been wrong at all.

I never wanted them to worry about me, about me not eating, about me being depressed or tired, about me taking sleeping pills. But the one time I was panicking, they didn’t even remember.

I wasn’t going to tell them about it, and I felt horrible for even feeling this way.

They deserved to be happy, they deserved to have some time to forget the fact that their best friend used to make them worry like crazy.

So I wasn’t going to tell them anything, instead, wrapping a towel around my body, letting it fall to mid-calf and following them out of the change room they had left nearly ten minutes before.

“Come in, Del! The water’s amazing!” Em squealed as Cal ducked her underneath the chlorine filled, blue-tiled water.

I gulped, meandering over to the benches to sit.

“Uh, I think I’m just going to sit down for a while.” I said, sitting down on a plastic lounge chair and wrinkling my nose against the strong smell of chlorine.

Jules looked at me askew, her eyes widening as she realised.

She clapped a hand over her mouth dramatically and stared at me with her dark eyes pleading for forgiveness.

I placated her with a soft smile. “I’m fine, Jules.”

“I’ll come sit with you.” She announced, swimming for the side.

“No need.” Luke’s familiar voice said.

I glanced over and saw him settle next to me, propping his feet up on the wooden bench.

He met my raised eyebrow with a gentle smile.

“Luke, I’m fine. I don’t need a babysitter.”

He shrugged. “I just don’t want to swim yet.”

“Stop being an awkward penguin and go and swim.”

Luke chuckled.

I huffed, exasperated. “What?”