Chapter 48

Second update for the day woooo LOVE ME, GUYS

Ok; overprotective Luke....who loves!? Me!!!!!!!!! ;)

Loads of dramarama in this one (yesssssss)

No more of that cute stuff mwahaha (well....ok a bit. But I'm a hopeless romantic!)

Love to all and enjoy immensely.  :)

“We didn’t talk this morning.” Luke said, tiredly.

I glanced up at him. He had just gotten out of the shower and was wearing nothing but boxers and his penguin singlet.

He looked tired and sleep deprived and all I could do was smile, dressed only in one of his t-shirts and my underwear.

“You’re exhausted.” I pointed out. Then I yawned. “And so am I.”

“You shouldn’t have performed.” Luke said, sitting down on the couch next to me. “But I knew you’d never agree not to.”

“This is my dream.”

“But you weren’t well.”

“It was just a panic attack!”

“Just a panic attack?” Luke’s eyes were wide in disbelief. “Del, you passed out in my arms. Do you even know how scary that was?”

I bit my lip, turning my gaze to my lap.

Luke sighed softly, cupping my chin and turning my head to face him. “It was terrifying. I had no idea what had happened. Em and Stella were hysterical, Jules was freaking out, the boys had no idea what to do and Jo was trying to instruct me ten different things at once. I carried you into your dressing room, hoping you’d just open your eyes and I’d see that you were alright. And you were just limp and I didn’t know what the hell had just happened. I was freaking out.”

I closed my eyes, hating the knowledge that I’d brought him such pain.

I was such a horrible person.

“I’m so sorry.” I whispered, my voice cracking slightly.

“Hey, hey. No.” Luke tilted my chin up and I opened my eyes. “Del, I’m not blaming you. None of this is your fault. It’s Alison’s. I just…I don’t want you to brush off your panic attack like it was nothing. Because it meant something to all of us.”

“I know. I know.” I pressed my palms to my eyes. “I always do this. I push it away because it’s easier than admitting that it hurt.”

“I know. I do that too.” Luke agreed, pushing my hands away, and pulling me into his lap.

I began to trace patterns on his exposed chest.

“Talk to me, Del.” Luke said, quietly. “What did Alison say to you?”

My lip trembled and I curled closer to Luke for warmth, the chill coming from inside my body. He tightened his arms around me and waited.

“She knows…everything.” I admitted, almost inaudibly. “About my past. That I drank, did drugs. That I self-harmed and my overdose.”

Luke’s jaw clenched. “I didn’t tell her anything, I swear. I would never-”

“It’s ok, I know you wouldn’t.” I assured him. “She must have overheard us talking that night.”