Chapter 15

Second part for the night! Longest one yet, I think!! Enjoy!

“Damn it’s hot.” Ollie complained, folding his arms in annoyance.

“Don’t blame me, idiot.” I smirked. “I didn’t wear a hoodie.”

“But I don’t like the sun!”

“Then don’t be a baby!”

“But it’s so hot!”

“Then take it off!”

“Where will I put it?”

“Not my problem!”

“Children, please.” Laurie interrupted teasingly.

With a few incoherent grumbles, Ollie stripped off his dark grey hoodie to reveal a black shirt, which had obviously been a t-shirt once but now had the sleeves torn off, and a few small rips through the front and frayed edges. I had to avert my eyes so as not to stare at the muscles in his pale-skinned arms.

“Here!” Ollie made a beeline for the Starbucks, which had miraculously appeared to our left.

Laurie wrinkled her nose. “I meant a real coffee place.”

But it was no use; Ollie was already leaning against the counter and flirting with the barista.

“Please, Laurie?” I batted my eyelashes and smiled winningly.

“Come on then.” Laurie pushed me gently after him and we entered the blissfully air-conditioned café.

“Green tea please.” Laurie ordered.

“Iced chocolate please.” I ordered, after Laurie had paid and moved over.

“With whipped cream?” The barista asked, her eyes darting over to Ollie every few seconds.

“Sure.”

“$4.50, thanks.”

“Thanks.”

I paid and followed Laurie, collecting my drink in a matter of minutes.

“Hey!” The girl who handed me my drink gasped. “You’re Delilah Cook!”

“Yeah.” I smiled awkwardly. “Hey.”

“I love your music!” She gushed. “And I’m coming to the concert tonight with my sister! I’m so excited to hear you play live!”

“And see the 5SOS boys?” I teased.

She blushed. “Well, maybe. Say, can I have your autograph?”

“Sure.” I said, surprised. She handed me a napkin and I signed it with a flourish. “There you are.”

“Thank you so much! My sister will be so jealous I met you!”

I smiled, an idea coming to me suddenly. “Hey, why don’t you hang around after the show? I can give you a quick backstage tour, maybe you can meet the boys if they’re around.”

The redheaded girl’s mouth fell open in shock. “Are you serious?”

“Yeah, why not?”

“Wow, that’d be…oh my gosh…thank you!”

I laughed. “No problem. What was your name?”

“Selena. And my sister’s name is Kiki.”

“Selena and Kiki. No problem. I’ll let them know and I’ll meet you backstage after the show. Make sure you give your names at the desk at the start.”