Prologue

I, Rachel Films, am in love. In love with . . . I just can't get him out of my head. Why? I don't know. I feel like I need him with me everyday. And it all started from that very day, the day I met him.

****************************************

Beginning of Summer, 1990

I was moving back to Memphis, Tennessee again. This was our second time moving to Tennessee. Our first time was when I was just a toddler, and my sister was only starting kindergarten. We moved out because Dad had been transferred to be an editor in New York.

And now, here we were back in Tennessee. I was excited to be back, I love the country. Unlike my sister; she was angry and upset at returning. Either way, Mom said that for now on we are going to stay here in Memphis.

I just don't understand why my sister, Sam, hated it here. I mean there are so many great things here. I wished that Sam could just see that.

I glanced at the window as we entered our old house. It was one huge house; it looked like a mansion. The house was two stories tall. It had eight bedrooms and five bathrooms in total. Our house had several windows. Like if I walked to my room, the kitchen, or any bathroom there would be a window.

I need to point out to Daddy that if there's ever a stalker stalking we'll need to cover up some windows.

Our house also had a huge lawn all for me to play in, since Sam doesn't like going outside.

"We have now arrived!" Mom exclaimed.

All right, now all I need is someone to play with, I quietly thought. I'm not really an outgoing person, I'm more of a shy one.

As I unbuckled my seat, Mom said that I had to unpack before I got to go out and play. Of course she would say that.

"But Mom!" I whined.

"Come on Rachel, if you unpack at least half of your clothes, I'll let you go and play outside."

"Fine, but just because it's still morning."

"Oh, and one last thing Rachel," she said with a serious tone of voice, "whatever you do, don't leave this house. The farthest you can go is to the sidewalk so I can watch you. Do you understand?"

"Yes, ma'am."

I quickly ran upstairs, carrying some of my boxes in my arms. I wanted to unpack quickly, just in time to go play outside.

I picked up my pace, as time quickly passed by. I really wanted to go out, or else I'd die in my room.

I know I'm exaggerating, but it's true. I can't live without going outside. I'm an outdoor person.

**************************
Finally, after three hours of unpacking and organizing, I headed outside to the backyard.

I didn't even notice how huge our backyard was. It was humongous. Right there and then I fell in love with it.

The first thing I did was run around like a maniac. Later it led me to jump around, to feeling lonely.

I felt like I needed someone right there next to me.

I sat up from the oak tree I was sitting next to, and saw girls that looked around my age. I couldn't quite understand why they stood there staring at me, outside the gates of my house. I couldn't make out what they were saying, but I took the challenge and met them. I quickly ran up to them, without ruining my dress. Oh, how I hate wearing dresses. My mom always made me wear dresses, since she thought it'd be a step to a well dressed young lady look. In other words, she thought I'd look well mannered.