Chapter 62⚜️

Justin's POV

"Babe, I need you to be at my house at seven tonight. I'm doing something special for my boyfriend this evening." Rachel whispered her last sentence in a sexy tone through the phone line.

"Okay, can I ask, is there anything in particular we'll be doing on this beautiful night?" I asked.

"You'll see." I then felt somehow get hot. Tonight was going to be steamy. "I know you'll enjoy tonight."

"Rachel, is there anyway I can be there a little bit earlier so we can—" I began.

"No, mister. This is your surprise and I don't wanna spoil it."

"You kinda did already."

Rachel sighed. "Just promise me you'll be here tonight?"

"I promise, baby. I love you!"

"Love you, too." She hung up.

Well, it was time to get ready for Rachel's surprise.

************

RING

RING

I waited for Rachel to open the door. I went to Rachel's house liked planned but I think I over dressed too nice. I didn't know what I was thinking. I wore a tux and tie to my girlfriend's house? This wasn't a date it was a surprise. I was guessing this was my birthday surprise. I thought she'd be planning something sexy for me. She did say I'd like it. And she didn't mention anyone else's name of coming over. I leaned on the side of her house on her porch. Why was she taking forever? Didn't know.

I looked at my watch I wore and saw I had been waiting for ten minutes. I faced her door and rung the bell a few more times. What was she taking forever to answer the damn door? I gave her a few minutes later until I'd call her. I took my phone out of my pocket, when all of a sudden, Suzanne opened the door.

"Hey, Justin. Sorry for the wait. Rachel was getting ready for your surprise when she lost of track time she fell asleep. Come in." I put my phone back in my pocket and entered the house.

When I walked in, Suzanne asked me to go with her to the basement. I didn't know what was going on, but I was getting anxious. I followed Suzanne into Rachel's pitch dark basement. "Suzanne, what's going on?" I asked.

Suzanne smiled. She flipped on the light switch and out sprung out Rachel holding a guitar and other guys in guitars and one sitting on the drums. They had microphones and music gear. They looked like a band. Suzanne left my side to go stand in front of a lonely microphone. She had a tambourine and was ready to go and play.

"Happy birthday, baby! This goes out to you." Rachel started playing the intro to Friends theme song, I'll Be There For You.

So no one told you life was gonna be this way
Your job's a joke, you're broke, your love life's D.O.A.
It's like you're always stuck in second gear
When it hasn't been your day, your week, your month, or even your year, but

I'll be there for you
(When the rain starts to pour)

This was a surprise in deed. I was blow away from Rachel's ability to sing. My girl sang! She could sing! Who knew! Not only could she sing, but she could play an instrument at the same time. I never knew she had the talent to sing and play a guitar together. I wondered why she never told me.

No one could ever know me
No one could ever see me
Seems you're the only one who knows what's like to be me
Someone to face the day with, make it through all the rest with
Even at my worst, I'm best with you, yeah!