Chapter 14 ⚜

Late July, 1997

"What movie should we watch?" Jude asked, looking at the list of movies that appeared in the movie theater.

I don't understand why I'd feel like a billion years had past since last speaking with Justin. He's in a different country right now, travelling. The final phone call I got from him was a week ago. So, why do I sense loneliness? I've got other friends, too. For that reason, Jude took me out to the movies. Just us, we were having a 'girls night'. As for Dylan, he's been in summer school catching up with his classes. He was going to attend Hilltown Private School. He said it was a school for ninth grade to twelfth grade, and he's going to graduate there.

Bad luck had sung through me, because no schools had accepted me in. Public and Private. My parents thought Dylan's school could let me in, since Daddy has a friend who works there. I might go to that school, if my dad got a phone call from them this week or next. Let's just hope for the best.

"I don't know, Mrs. Brown?" I wasn't interested in the choices but one movie, Chasing Amy. Now that movie seemed astonishing.

It was pure genius (I watched the trailer secretly), plus I only wanna watch hottie Ben Affleck make me burst out laughing. Too bad we couldn't watch it without an adult, stupid rating.

"Mrs. Brown? Pft, really?" I explained to her I wanted to watch Chasing Amy, but we couldn't because it was for mature audience.

"Rach, relax I got this. Watch." She asked for my money, before asking for two tickets for My Best Friend's Wedding.

"Jammy, what the hell did you do?" (I started calling her that after she ate my whole jar of jam) She then handed me my ticket.

"We're watching two movies." She whispered.

"I don't wanna watch this movie. And what do ya mean two movies? We can only watch one." Jude took me by the hand to our movie theater.

"We're watching My Best Friend's Wedding and Chasing Amy. After we watch this one." She stated as soon as we gave our tickets to the guy standing by the doors of theaters.

"Are you sure we won't get in trouble, for sneaking in?" I inquired.

"Yes, I've done it lots of times before with Trace. Trust me, I'm good. Now hurry, before they take all the good seats." She rushed us inside leading us to the dark theater, ready to show the boring trailers.

******
"That movie was stupendous!" Jude complemented.

"I thought it was cheesy. It's all just chick flick, no drama." I kinda liked the movie, but it was horrible humor. Good plot, sucky jokes. I'm betting Jude that my movie was gonna be better than hers.

So then we did, we watched my movie. We snucked in before anyone could spot us. Once we went in, it seemed like it was only us two teenagers there. But who cares? We got in.

Within my movie, me and Jude kept playing 'what if' game with Mr. Affleck. He was such a hottie in the movie, too bad he didn't take off his shirt that would have made the movie better. But still Ben had made me drool during the movie, that was until Jude broke the hotness. "Okay, I got it. What if you and Ben hooked up, and Justin had this huge crush on you then. Soon when you and Ben go out, Justin gets jealous of him and tries to make y'all break up. You find out, what do you do then?"

"Jude, stop talking and watch the movie." I snapped.

That shut her up quick. I had guilt in me when I told her to shut up, but it was true she annoyed the hell out of me to tell her that. Plus I didn't wanna speak about Justin. Although she knew I'd been crushing on him my entire life.