Chapter 45⚜️

Friday Night

I got dressed for tonight's date I had planned with Beth. I was supposed to pick her up at six, so I left early to get to her house on time. I stopped by to get Beth some chocolates before I went to her house.

I arrived at her house right on time. It was six o'clock when I arrived. Instead of being lazy and calling her from my car's horn, I went to her door to pick her up. It was something I had to do, my mother taught it to me.

I came upon her small porch toward her front door. I buzzed her door bell. A few seconds later, Beth answered the door. I got a good look at her, and I noticed she didn't wear anything I thought she'd be wearing to our first date. She wore a plain shirt with long loose pants and sandals. Beth had her hair up in a messy ponytail, along with her metal glasses. The last time I saw Beth she was a goddess, but now she was like any ordinary girl, but still beautiful.

When I saw Beth come out, her wardrobe reminded me a lot like of how Rachel would've wore her outfits. Maybe in a tomboy way, like how Beth did. "Hey, Justin." Beth greeted me.

"Hey, Beth. Did you forget about our date?" I asked nicely.

"Uh, no I didn't. I was going to tell you, but I forgot to tell you I was babysitting tonight. I thought I was free, but I checked my planner and I have my day off next Friday, sorry." Beth explained.

"Nah, it's cool. We can change it for next week." I said. I then gave her her chocolates. "These are for you."

"Thank you, Jay. You are such a gentleman." She pecked my lips. "If you've got nothing to do tonight, why don't you come help me babysit. I know the girls would love to see you."

"I don't know. Don't you think the parents would be alright with this?"

"Of course they would. I've brought friends over there so many times. It won't bother them."

I smashed my lips together. "It'll only be for a few hours. Come on, it'll be fun. Plus we can get some free time to ourselves. More us time." Beth said.

"Um," I began.

"Please, please?" She begged.

I couldn't say no to my new friend. So I then said, "Let's do it."

"Awesome. Lemme go get my bag, I'll be right back. Go wait for me in the car." She left back to her kitchen. I turned my back to her house and toward my car I parked outside her house.

************
"Where exactly is this house?" I asked, when Beth told me the directions to the house she was going to babysit at.

"Just take a left in the next street." She said. I turned and saw we were getting close to a familiar house I've visited many times.

"Okay, now I'll tell you to stop when we approach the house." The closer we got to Rachel's house I felt nervous. But I had this huge doubt hitting me it wasn't going to be her house. It couldn't be.

Just a few more houses down then we would arrive to Rachel's house. And just a few houses and we would arrive.

"Okay. This is it. This is the house." We made a stop in front of the house. The same house I visited various of times back then. The same house I recently visited not long ago. It was Rachel's house.