Chapter 29 ⚜

I got to Griffin Park as fast as I could. It didn't matter to me how mad Linda was going to be when she found out I ran out of the party without saying anything to the designers.

They mattered to me, but not enough of me to rush outta the place to meet you for an important talk.

I had no clue what were to happen. Anything could happen that very second, I were to talk to my boyfriend. So many questions were raised in my head. All I was begging was that everything would turn out right.

"I'm here, baby." I yelled, "Where are you, Ryl?"

I refused to run with my heels, so before running off to the figure I saw sitting on the bench, I removed the again.

"Baby! Baby, I'm here. What's wrong?" As I got closer to the figure I make out with a guy shaped figure sitting. I automatically then saw him, Ryland.

I paused once I got over to him. He faced before beginning to speak. "Hey, Rach. Um," he took a deep breath, "I think it's best if you sit down for a minute."

I did what he said and the proceeded. He reached out to my hands and held them. "Rachel, I've been doing a lot of thinking lately. And it got to the point that I'd tell you."

"Ryl?"

"Rach, I've been graceful for having you in my life. For being that special someone. I was fascinated by your personality, likes and dislike, and—"

"My looks." I smiled.

Ryland smiled, too. "I was madly in love with that type of girl. I was amused that I could meet a wonderful person."

"Aww, baby." I leaned in to kiss him. I kissed him, but frankly he did kiss me back. It felt good that I'd get something good outta this.

"What am I doing? No I can't." Ryland pulled away quickly.

"What? Why no?"

"Rachel, I can't live still having this guilt in the back of me." He said.

I gave an awkward look. "I need to fess up to what I did in New York. I made an honest mistake. I'll understand if you'd never wanna see my face ever again. I know what I did was unbelievable."

"Just say it." I cried out.

"I cheated on you." He sighed. "Her name's Marsha if you want to be more specific. We met back when I first left to New York. I never told you about it, because I thought it didn't matter. I was only there because Marsha had invited me to see her performance. And once I got to the set, I saw her again. I did tell her about you and me, but I guess we got out of hand, seeing each other." He let go of my hands. Then faced his attention away from me to the ground.

"Did you sleep with her?"

"Rachel, I don't think you—"

"Did you sleep with her? Yes or no?" I raised my voice.

"Yes." He mumbled.

"You know I thought you were better than my ex could have ever been. But I guess I was wrong. I would have understood if you left me for her, but cheat on me with her? At least my ex-boyfriend knew better than to cheat on me. You're a big fat bastard." I tried my best to not show how heartbroken I was.

"Rachel, I'm sorry." I rose up from my seat.

"Have a good life with your whore." I said.

Before I forget to mention to him, I said, "Oh, and remember to delete my phone number. I never want to speak to you again."

Ryland was unexplainable. How could he had done such thing? Did he not care for me? Was I not good enough for him? Questions kept coming. But non were going to get answered.

I was in fact, screwed. My boyfriend cheated on me, the designers are probably never going get me a clothing line, my ex-boyfriend keeps begging me to come back to him.

Why was life getting worse and worse? Can't I have some good benefits than bad?

When I returned home, instead of my usual routine, sleeping, I played my guitar. I picked up the guitar then slid my pick out. As I got settled, I began to play. I didn't know what song I played, all I knew was I let my fingers do their thing.

For the rest of the night, I slept with frustration of the day before. Waiting for the next morning to face my consequences. I could care less about them. Because of him, I turned myself into one hideous monster.

A monster not worth seeing when their pissed. Beware of the monster she'd strike if she needed to.