Chapter 65⚜️

Day Before Fashion Show (France, Paris), 2003

I left to Paris the earliest in order to see Rachel the earliest. This was the only day I was available to see her because tomorrow night I planned going back on tour. I'd spent too much time wasting with Isla who I thought was carrying my baby, but it turned out false. It was a relief to hear I am not the father of that child. I was way too young to be a father. No way.

My main goal tonight was to get my girl back. I need to be with her. She's the one I loved and want to be with. Tonight I was going to prove it to her. All she'd ever been was give me her love, and I had to go mess up our relationship by sleeping with someone else. But I needed a second chance. I knew I was worth Rachel being with, I knew I could take care of her better than any other guy. She needed to be loved with no cheating. All her past relationship went down the drain by one reason, cheating. That's all she'd ever received from her boyfriends, going to other woman who are better than her.

Thinking about that made me frustrated. She might've thought I was one of those guys who loved cheating, but in reality I wasn't. I loved Rachel too much. But sleeping with my ex was a total mistake. I regret it ever happened. I should've stayed sober that night. Because then this wouldn't have happened. I begged and hoped that Rachel hadn't moved on so we could start over again. I was done with drama occurring in our relationship. I didn't understand why people judge us for dating. If we love each other and we wanna date then we do it. That's not going to stop us from being in a couple.

At the time the plane landed, I rapidly tried to get out and run to the location where the fashion show was going to be at. I thought I could make at ten minutes but it had taken me thirty with the loads of people in lines. I then ran to the nearest metro to take me to my destination. But first I had to exchange my dollar bills to pounds in order to pay the metro.

About a good two hours it taken me to look for the building the fashion show was going to be, after asking directions, going in circles, and looking clueless, I found the building. It was a huge building surrounded by rose bushes. My first plan to enter the building was going through the backstage door. But that was too risky. Then I thought about calling Rachel. I sat on the sidewalk as vehicles moved left to right.

In three rings, I heard the same voice of the woman who answered before. The woman told me Rachel was busy and if it was important to leave a message. I quickly answered the woman, "Um, Miss, could you do me a favor I'd really appreciate it if you could help me a little bit."

"Who is this?"

"Miss. Films, ex boyfriend, Justin Timberlake. I'm outside the building and I need to get inside. I swear I won't take too long talking to Miss. Films. This is very, very important. This will only be the day I have to tell her the truth. I love her. Please help me out." I said.

I heard a door behind me open, I quickly turned to see who was coming out. It was a woman with wavy black hair and olive skin tone dressed in a black pencil skirt with a peach colored blouse tucked inside her skirt. She was holding a cell phone to her ear while leaning over the open door. "Hello, Mr. Timberlake, I'm Sandra, Rachel's secretary. I'll show you her dress room." She motioned me to go with her. And I followed.

************

While I waited for finish practice, I sat in her dress room. Sandra was with me for a while but left because she had to help the models change. But when Sandra was here, she told me about how Rachel was broken down after the break up. She refused to talk to anyone, it'd been weeks she had the same puffed eyes from crying. At times she even didn't show up to work, but Linda had to convince her. Now a month later, she had been more focus on the show than boys. Sandra told me I shattered her heart really badly. She even spoke to Sandra about the incident. Sandra thought of me of being an ass for cheating on Rachel and to forget about me. Be an independent woman.