Chapter 8

Early July, 1996

"Dylan!"

"What, Cutie?" he asked, taking the golf ball away from me again.

"Will you please stop? I really want to make this shot," I said as I positioned myself.

"You got this, Cutie." He wrapped his arms around my waist.

It's been two years since I met Dylan Stevenson. He was my new friend I met during my mom's baby shower. Mom later had a healthy baby girl in November of that year. Her name was Heather Meredith Films; my parents named her after my dad's mother. But what was weird was that my mom was pregnant again this year, she was barely born in April.

My other sister was named Riley Katherine Films. They were so adorable. They would be the last babies my mom would have. And if she did have more, I thought I'd die.

Dylan had another sibling; he had a girl, too. His sister's name was Martha Stevenson. I got to carry her after she came back from the hospital. His mother was such a sweet lady. She was gentle when I first met her. Mama and her became friends later that year, too.

Dylan and I had gotten closer to each other. He now knew me like a book; I swore he knew my every feeling. As for Justin, I really wasn't sure if he would ever come back.

The last time I heard of him was when he called me, saying they cancelled MMC. He was devastated; he really enjoyed being a part of the show. After that phone call, I never heard from him again. I felt like we weren't friends anymore, but I still kept in touch with Ms. Harless.

She's the one who always told me about Justin, how he was doing. I found out later that he'd had girlfriends. I was curious as to why I didn't get to know them. Ms. Harless once told me Justin hasn't dated Britney, but he wished he had. I had a little feeling he loved her.

I was crushed when I found out he might love her. Justin's growing up, he's fifteen. He didn't want an eleven year old; he wanted a girl around his age.

Once I found out, I left and told Dylan about it. He supported me and cared for me afterwards. Which eventually led to me crushing on him, but whenever I wanted to tell him he would always change the subject. He was so cute, his smile made me want him so bad. He was mine. No one else's, but mine. When he called me Cutie, I would get this chill on my skin every time.

I grabbed on to the club and swung it with all my strength. Three...two. . .one.

I did it again!

Dylan let go of me, while I went to pick up the golf ball. The golf course reminded me of when Justin and I first met. Where we first played golf, then went to his house. I could never forget that very same day.

I just wished I could go back in time and not waste one single moment with him.

"You got it, Rach?"

I nodded.

I stepped toward him. I couldn't help but smirk at him. It was almost his birthday and I didn't know what to give him. He deserved somethin' special.

"Come here, you need a break." Dylan took my club.

He left me standing awkwardly, while he walked away.

We were about two yards away from each other, until he came to a stop. He fell to the ground, setting my club beside him.

"Rach, whatcha doing over there?" he inquired.

"Come over here, Cutie, and sit by me." Dylan patted my seat where he wanted me to sit.

I made my way to my crush. I slowly approached him, as he began to get impatient with me.