Chapter 1

We entered the huge door. As I slowly stepped inside, I could hear the sizzling of a pan. The smell was very intoxicating, making my mouth watery. Sticking my tongue out.

"Rach, are you okay?" Justin asked.

I didn't notice him dissolving into laughter until I turned and saw him. I as well joined him.

"Come on, I'll lead you to the kitchen. My mom is probably in there."

I was impressed with Justin's house. It was nothing compared to my house (even though we haven't finished unpacking).

His house reminded me of a mansion in a magazine, but even better. I mean the living room had perfect leather couches. A nice coffee table, beautiful curtain. It was amazing.

"Rachel? Rachel!" I awoken from my zone.

"Sorry, I was in my zone." I explained.

I then saw a woman standing next to Justin. She was gorgeous, her hair was short. With a gentle smile on her face.

"Rachel, I would like to introduce you to my mother. Mom this is Rachel my new friend."

"It's nice to meet you Rachel, I'm Ms. Harless. Justin's mother." She said, greeting me with a handshake as a welcome.

"You must be hungry, why don't we go to the kitchen. I just finished making dinner. We're having fried chicken tonight."

"That's very kind of you, but I think I need to head home. My parents might be worried."

"How about tomorrow night you invite your family for dinner?" She asked.

"I think they'll appreciate it. Thank you, I think I'll be head out now."

I walk to the front door, before I was stopped by a hand.

"You can't leave without a hug. Right?"

"Right."

I open my arms to him, and hugged him tightly. He was a special person, I knew I could trust in the future. A great friend.

"Justin I think you forgot to introduce me to your friend." I heard a manly voice in the background.

We broke apart from our hug, and saw a man standing in front of us.

"Sorry Paul, this is Rachel my friend." Paul smiled at me.

"Hello there, I'm Paul. Justin's step-dad." He said, while waving his hand.

"It was really nice to meet y'all, I guess I'll be going now. Bye Justin!" I walked outside.

I then ran, ran to find my neighborhood. I didn't know where I exactly lived at that time, but I gave it a try.

I just hope I get there, before Mom and Dad get mad at me, and ground me. They probably already did, since I left the house.

I ran wherever I recognize. Until I found it. It was just down the street from Justin's house. A very long way, if I say so.

I quietly entered the house, trying not to make any noise. As I entered, I could hear voices in the living room.

I tried to make out the voices. They were my parents freaking out I wasn't home. They looked depressed and worried. Especially my dad, he was crying his life out.

So I did the right thing and told them I was alright.

"Mom, Dad. I'm right here no need to worry." Dad stopped crying and looked at me.

"Oh, my baby." My mom came, hugging me tightly.

"Young lady, you just got yourself into big trouble. You are restricted to go outside for now on. You must stay inside this house, no more going outside for you.