Chapter 39 ⚜

Early June, 2002

Justin's POV.

I was having a difficult time with life. I had just recently found out my girlfriend had been fooling around behind my back with my best friend. It broke my heart that she were to do that to me. I gave her everything, but in return I get a slap on the face.

I was thinking about having to ask her to be my bride after our date we planned on having last month. Instead of having a sweet fiancé, I received a broken heart. Why did life have to tear everything good in life?

I loved Her. She was all I wanted, but she betrayed me. I could never take her back. My heart had shut down on her. I couldn't look at her the same way anymore. And because of her, I was stuck in my house drinking alcohol to get rid of those feelings.

It was the only thing I could approach for help, since I refused to let any one talk to me. I wanted to settle this issue by myself. I was a grown man. I didn't need help from anyone.

If I got incoming calls I ignored them. I bet they were all from my mom, dad, Paul, Rachel, and her. I bet she had call me, because she wanted me back. Right then, I lay on my living room couch watching reruns of our childhood in MMC.

I missed those days when she and I were friends back then. She was an angel. Just watching my past, made me cry every precious moment we spent together. She's a different person now. She's not who she used to be. And that frighten me, a lot.

As I watched a clip of she and I singing together on stage, my phone began to ring. Ugh, must be my mom, again. When will she ever stop calling me. I thought.

I was curious of who it might have been, so I answered not caring who it might have been. "Yep. Who is this?"

"I miss you, baby. I need you with me, Justin. I know you want me back, please take me back. I know if you take me back I'll be a good girl." I didn't know why I had answered my phone in the first place. I had a feeling she was going to call me.

"It's over, Britney. I will never take you back. You broke us apart. You broke me. I can't be with you. Can't you understand that?" I didn't know why I was even speaking with her. I should've hung up on her. She wasn't worth my time anymore.

"I'm sorry, baby. I didn't mean to hurt you. It was an honest mistake I made. Why won't you just take me back? I love you."

"I'm not sure if that's even true anymore, after what you did with my friend. I read that note Britney, and I'm sure that wasn't a friend note. It was more of a lover's note he left you." I sighed. I couldn't take it any longer. I was about to break down again.

"Justy, forget about that trash head. I love you and only you. I want you, no one else will ever be like you. I can't live without you." I could hear cries starting to appear second after she said that.

"You lied to me. You destroyed me, Brit. And there's nothing you could do to make that go away. I love you, too. But I need to let you go. It's for the best for both of us. I know there will be another guy out there who's dying to make you happy. We're still young. Go out and be yourself." I explained while I had tears beginning to form in my eyes.

"Never will there be another man better than you. Baby, let's give us another try. I'm sure it can work out. Plea—" She began.

"No, babe. We are done and that's final. I gotta go. Bye." I hung up before I could hear anything more from her. I then threw my phone on the floor to separate my communication from anyone.

She was my earth, my life. But she used me for the bad. I didn't know if I could ever love again after this incident that occurred. The media had been so nosy these last few weeks looking for information behind our break up. It was best if we both didn't talked about our break up. That's all I've heard since I left my house.

For that reason was why I stay in door to move away from the questions. I have changed these past few weeks. I was feeling more miserable everyday when I think about her. She was always in my mind. What was I supposed to do now? Feel the misery. That's all did for twenty four/seven for weeks.

I have had spoken with Mom, but I turned out her offer of staying with her. I love my mom, but I needed some time alone resolving my heart conditions.

I wondered how Rachel did it. How did she move on from that asshole she went out with? It had been four months since her court date. I haven't seen her in some time. The last time we talked was when I stopped by her apartment last November.

I had to call up Rachel to give me some advice about after break ups. I thought she would be the perfect person to ask. Plus she was in the covers on tabloids when this occurred. I picked up my phone from the floor to call Rachel up.

I scrolled down my contacts to search for her name. I pressed on her name when she appeared. I heard the phone rang trying to connect to the line. "I'm sorry, but the number you have just reached has been disconnected. If you want to—"

I exit to my home screen. Then threw my phone back on the floor. Why the hell did she cancel her phone number without telling me? She always tells me her new number when she gets a new phone. I thought.

Could life get any worse? My friend ditched me. My ex-girlfriend won't leave me alone. Constant calls from overreacted parents. No one to love. Life sucks.

Will this nightmare ever end? I couldn't survive this. Someone help me!