Chapter 63⚜️

Early March, 2003

Everything went back to being the same. I was back in California getting ready for the tour, while my girlfriend was heading to Paris for a fashion show. I made sure to schedule the date to have free in order to see her, next month. One month I wasn't going see Rachel. It killed me, but I had to deal with it. But I was sure after the fashion show she was going to go on tour with me. She did promise me that.

We began our tour starting tonight. Tonight was our big show, my first show from dropping out of my former band. We were having The Black Eyed Peas here as a special guest to preform with us, since I helped make their song, Where is the Love? I thought it was cool. As I smoothed out my leather jacket in my dressing room, I heard a knock.

"Come in!" I yelled.

I heard someone enter. "Hey, Jay. Sorry, if I'm disrupting anything it's just. . .I'm not so sure if I'll be able to go on tour." I looked at mirror and saw Isla standing behind me.

I turned around to face her. "What? Why not?" I questioned.

"Justin, I'm pregnant." She cried out.

I didn't know what to do at that moment. I had a pregnant dancer who was about to go on tour, on a world tour, and I didn't have time to find a replacement. I just stood there worried. All I could ask her was, "When did you find out you were pregnant?" I had to know.

"Just yesterday. I'm so sorry, Justin. I—"

"No, it's okay. I get how young people get themselves into theses types of situations." I stated. "But I really need you on this tour for at least the first part. I won't have my replacement till then. Is that okay with you?"

"Yeah. But then how will I explain to my child that their father left me after the first part of the tour?" She rose her eyebrow.

"Wait, that's impossible. I can't be the father of this child. We never did it. Are you playing with me, Isla?"

"Justin, I broke up with my boyfriend back when that paparazzi incident happened. That was, what? Three months ago?" She walked closer to me and grasped my biceps. "Don't you recall the night we went to that party with the crew? Didn't you wake up naked the next day?"

I thought back. Yes, I did go to a party with the crew back last month. It was a week after Rachel went back to work. It was one crazy party, I couldn't remember much since I was really drunk. But what did remember was being naked in the morning. The huge hangover I had that morning. It stuck through my head.

I removed Isla's hands from my biceps. "Isla, how are you so sure that I'm the father of that baby?"

"Because, you're the only one who wore a black leather jacket that night. I saw it the next morning on the floor." She answered.

I took a deep breath, and tried to comprehend everything in. I was in trouble. How could I tell Rachel I got a dancer knocked up behind her back? This was a huge mistake. I was drunk and I should have been careful. This was a risk of me losing the one person I loved with a passion. I stung me hard in the heart.

I bit my lip as I nodded. "Okay, Isla. I'll take care of you through out the whole tour. I want my kid to know their father is apart of their life. Just know there's a chance we aren't going to be together, I just want to see my kid be loved by their father." I moved aside and left my dressing room.

I had to let Rachel know. It was the only way I'd stay truthful with her. She had to know. It'd kill me if she found behind my back. I knew this was going to hurt telling her, but what's done is done. I still had fifteen minutes before the show started, that was enough time to tell Rachel. I moved outside backstage to call her.

I walked in circles when I dialed her number. I was too scared to upset my baby girl. To disappoint her from my stupid mistake. After two rings later, I heard a voice. It wasn't Rachel.

"Hello, this is Rachel's boyfriend. I need to talk to her right now. It's very important she hears this news." I said to the woman on the phone.

The woman took in and gave the line to Rachel. "Hello, sexy. What's cookin'?" I could tell she was happy to talk with me.

"Rachel, will you love me even if I make the worst mistake on earth? I really need to know." I was terrified just speaking with her.

"Yeah, of course. But if you committed murder we have to have an important discussion." She joked.

"No, baby. Nothing like that. I'm so sorry if I upset you any way. Know that I'll always love you."

"Justin, you're scaring me. What's going on?" Her tone of voice passed from happy to worried.

"Babe. . ." I could feel the tears begin to appear. "I-I'm going to be a father!"

"A father!"

"I accidentally slept with one of my dancers and well I knocked her up, but it's not like I wanted it to happen. I was drunk!" I explained.

"Justin! How could you?! This is ten times worse from my exes. They cheated on me, but never knocked anyone up! You, you. . ." She was aggravated with me, I didn't blame her.

"Baby, I'm sorry." I cried.

"Justin. I think it's best if we didn't see each other anymore. You're going to be a father for crying out loud."

"Rachel, don't do this. We can work things out, I promise." I begged.

"Good-bye, Jay." She hung up.

I looked at my phone screen. I was done. My relationship with Rachel was done. This time it was for real. Nothing could change now. I was broken deep down, I could feel it. I went back backstage to my dressing room. I locked the door behind and cried. The pain inside was more painful than any other break up I had. I felt my world collapse right before my first show from the world tour. I was just happy I wasn't first to do the show. It gave me more time to cry the pain away.