Chapter 19 ⚜

Late May, 1998

"Here let me give you a hand." Justin took my left hand and helped me make my way up the group's tour bus.

I'm finally out of school! I've been paciently waiting for this moment. Yesterday, Jude's mom drove us to the airport early in the morning. We later stood waiting for hours for our plane to arrive. What a bummer. Our flight was then a long trip, at least I got some sleep, because if not I'll be moody all day. Every girl needs their beauty sleep (even tomboys). While I slept, Jude and Sam were playing word search. How can you play word searches on a plane? For seven hours!? I didn't know how they managed to do it, but they did.

I woke up from my incredibly long nap, at about six at night. We were then approached by Chris. He lost some bet the guys made, so for that he had to pick us up from the airport. We all arrived at the hotel we were staying at, just in time for dinner. We met up with all the guys, there was a lot of hugging and I missed you moments.

After last night, I felt relieved to have had my best friend back with me. I thought this vacation could be for all the time we lost. So here we are now, all going to Disney World in Orlando, Florida. The exact same place where MMC was once located. Where I first me Christina, Ryan, JC, and Britney. I hate saying her name, because it just reminded me of Justin crushing on her. Ugh, why can't he like me? Why? Why her?

"Did you say something?" Justin said.

I'm an idiot. "Nothing, it's this guy. Why can't he like me? He's so into musicals, isn't there any chance he could see me?" Okay, I lied so what? I know I'm bad. I had to make it up. I wasn't about to spill my feelings in front of our friends. That's crazy talk.

"Some guy, huh. Who is this guy mysterious guy you like?" You! I like you!

"His name's Ryland Walston."

"What!? Rach, you never told me you liked Ryl. When did this happen? Move Justin." Jude squeezed herself in between me and Justin. No, Jude I liked sitting next to my. . .

Jude breaks my thoughts and said,"Come on, I have to know. You told me you kissed him but never did you tell me you liked him. It's perfect, we can have double dates. Me, you, Philip, and Ryland. We'll make cute couples. Wait until I tell Phil. He told me that Ryl has this huge crush on you and I swore to not let you know. He said if you did know, I'd die. Not that you'd care. Wait you do, since you like Ryland. What about, you know who?"

"Jude Lindsay Laskin, we are not going to talk about my love life like this, in front of everyone, and Justin." I mumbled the last part. I was irked that she blurred my love life out to everyone even the bus driver. I swear, I heard him laugh at Jude's story.

"No, I get it. Then let's go somewhere we can talk about this. I need to know, NOW!" She held me wrist and pulled me to the restroom.

She locked the door behind her. "Sit." She pointed at the toilet. "Spill." Jude fell down to the floor, with her knees hugging against her chest.

"Jammy, what I said out there is a lie. I don't like Ryl. I like Justin. I only said that so I wouldn't have to tell him the truth in front of everybody." I gripped on the top of the toilet.

"Oh, Rach I'm sorry. I didn't mean to be a gossiper. I'm sorry if I embarrassed you, but it's true. He does like you, a lot."

"Who? Ryland?" I rose my eyebrows and tilted my head to the right.

"Yeah. But what ever you do, don't tell Ryland or Philip I told you, deal?"

"Deal."

"Now, as for you know who, how are you going to get him? You know he's over the heads for Brit."